Do you eat your cereal dry or with milk?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Recently I have started to eat my cereal without milk, although to be sure I do drink milk with cookies and by itself as well just because it's healthy. (I drink 1% or 2% low fat) I was wondering if any of you do eat your cereal dry as well, and if so have you always done so? I need the cereal to be a sweet cereal, but I avoid really sweet cereals like Kellogs Frosties or Lucky Charms, instead eating cereals which have a light coating of sugar like Cheerios or Special K.

Just curious to find out how you guys eat your cereal, I won't be surprised to find out most of you do so with milk, but being diabetic I thought this would be the best way for me to enjoy cereal because when you add milk to lightly sweet cereals they usually lose their sweetness and then you have to add sugar, and, even though I do use Splenda which is supposed to be good for diabetics, I worry about the cancer causing agents in sweeteners like Splenda.

2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

I don't eat cereal at all because I'm not 5yo... :p

used to eat muesli and All Bran when I was a kid, and naturally with milk.
    I have been known to eat those little individual boxes of Frosties that you get given in cheap hotels dry when a bit tipsy :D

but generally I don't eat cereal, although if I did it would be with milk.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I avoid cereal for breakfast (or any) as I have for some years now developed diabetes and they don't help, but most importantly I stopped eating them because I had no problem eating a whole box in one seating and that just wasn't right. I couldn't stop myself. I never liked the sugar coated ones or those that are more like candies. I went for those chocolate ones, regular or rice based. Just thinking about them makes me want them.
    I have some (come and goes) lactose intolerance, but that's why there is lactose free milk.
    I rarely ate them on their own (no milk).
    I would have a large bowl, fill it about 4/5 with cereal and then pour enough milk till the cereal rise almost ready to fall outside the bowl. Start eating (usually while watching something like a tv show or a movie) and make effort to not have much milk in the spoon, just cereal. When I finished, I would re fill it with cereal and just a bit more milk. After 1-2 refills the box/carton was empty, the bowl was empty from cereal and all that remained was milk inside the bowl, sweet chocolate milk. I would then pick up the bowl and drink the remaining milk. Some times I wouldn't need to eat for the rest of the day/night. Oh yes, I would easily eat this at night.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

We grew up on cereal and milk. I always ate mine with the milk.
    But, I can't even recall the last time I had cereal for a meal. What I HAVE done...as an adult... is to buy granola cereal...but not recently at all...and eat it directly from the box.

5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I haven't since I was in my teens. I won't eat any again either since it's way to much sugar in them. I've completely quit milk as well.

6. Sondra Draper

Sondra Draper Member

I can do both but with cold milk is the best for me.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Calliers

Shortly after my foray into eating cereals without milk, I've found I can't do it anymore. And I don't want to have to get back into very sweet cereals which are no good for me again. So back to milk and Splenda it is for me again.

8. daithompson

daithompson New Member

Nothing beats cold milk..especially if you have chocolate cereals. You literally get a chocolate-shake 4 minutes after all your cereals are gone. Yummy

Trusteft likes this.
  9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Chocolate shake?.... we clearly have very different definitions of what a shake is...... chocolate milk sure... but definitely nowhere near a shake.

10. daithompson

daithompson New Member

Hahaha. I agree, what i meant was that in the end you have something with a taste of chocolate in it, and it tastes absolutely delicious! :)

11. Calliers

Chocolate flavored cereals used to be a favorite of mine when growing up, especially Chocos.

[​IMG]

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

This was my favorite, the rice variety.
    [​IMG]screen grabcertificity.com
    I could easily eat a whole box in one go.
    Usually with 1 lt of milk.

Calliers likes this.
  13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

[​IMG]

Wonder if they make the milk taste like white supremacy.

Calliers likes this.