Does Driver Cleaner Net need to be purchased if already own PE?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by Mike89, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Mike89

Mike89 New Member

I bought PE awhile back and now see there is a newer "net" version. Is this a separate purchase for those who already bought PE or can the license be changed from PE to Net?

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

Driver Cleaner.NET is a seperate purchase. So you would need to buy a new license for that.

3. Mike89

Mike89 New Member

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and buy it then. I really like the idea that it works without having to go to Safe Mode. Makes things much easier.

Three questions.

You mentioned in another thread that the help file did not include instructions on working in Normal Windows and that you were going to update it to include instructions. Has this been done yet? I would want to make sure I was doing it the right way.

Running DC Net in normal Windows, does the cable modem still need to be unplugged? If so, I never fully understood why. Could you elaborate on that?

Being that it runs in normal Windows, I assume that some of the cleaning is done in the subsequent reboot before Windows loads?

4. ghost_zero

ghost_zero New Member

Where is that mentioned on the website... I thought I read that you have to boot to safe mode..? Anyway I have one question my own: Are we allowed to use that software on all our PCs after purchasing it or would we need to purchase it once for every PC? One more thing: What happened to the Professional Editon - Discontinued I believe? Is DriverCleaner.net better than DriverCleaner Platinum Edition?

5. Spike

The program can be run in normal windows, but that is only recommended if you can not get into safe mode. So running it in safe mode is still the best way.

The instructions are updated for use in normal windows, but also with a note that it should only be used when you can't get into safe mode.

Unplugging the internet connection is to be sure that windows does not go online to get new drivers.

You can use the program for personal use on all the systems you have.

Professional Edition is discontinued.

Driver Cleaner.NET is a lot better then any of the previous versions.

6. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

I have a DC-PE license too, and I think I'll get the new DC.NET version....

Does it just work like old DC-PE or is it a just brand new concept of software??

7. Spike

It works the same as Platinum. The code changed a lot so it cleans better and the filters contain special cleaning ways that only the .NET version can do. But for the user is works the same as the older versions.

8. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

Got it! :)
    I have already purchased it. It looks great! ;)
    Thank you alot!