DOOM - Player Progression and Customization Trailer

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Apr 15, 2016.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Bethesda.net has a new trailer online for DOOM, showing off player progression and customization in the upcoming shooter remake, celebrate tomorrow's launch of the open beta for the shooter reboot. This is pretty heady stuff for those of us who remember player progression from the original as picking up keycards and customization being four different multiplayer colors. They offer lots of details following this introduction:

Are you classy or flashy? Subtle or over-the-top? Whatever your style, DOOM’s in-depth player customization will let you express yourself when you step into the multiplayer arena on May 13. As you level up, you’ll unlock tons of gear, paint colors for your armor and weapons, and much more. You can get a taste for some of the customization options in the video below.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Anyone playing the open beta? :)

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

If it were a part of the single player then I would be trying it out (already have it pre-ordered on steam)

I don't do Multiplayer so I have skipped it.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I care just for the single player part. I wanted to try the beta to at least see how the controls are and how the game looks and sounds. Unfortunately I belong to those who can't play the game as the opening videos just don't let me continue into the game. Which is EXTRA frustrating since when you start the game there is text telling you about the problem....so they know it....WHY THE F DON'T THEY JUST DISABLE THE F INTRO/LOGO VIDEOS DAMN F IDIOTS AT THE F BETHESDA F ASDKLJEDHNASDFIKJ;BHNASRFGK;JBHZSDGKP;JABSERFHIKOLPASDRFGBHASEOLIDFGJNK

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I wanted to but alas Destiny is taking up too much of my time on the PS4 still. Everytime I try to play another game I get an invite from a friend asking me to do some mission or other lol.

6. Trusteft

I managed to play it. Awful. A lite version of CoD. Which says a lot.

I hope the single player is better, but I know I ain't buying it till it has gone down in price. I am not optimistic about the quality of the final product.
    Also, congrats to the F who decided it's a good idea to limit weapons to TWO. Going out of the way to just shit on the previous games in the series.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

serious.. 2?.... i signed up but never got an invite... The compaign looks amazing thus far... but i'm still hoping for cooperative..... because doom and quake were simply awesome in cooperative.

8. Trusteft

Yes 2. Plus a special slot, like a grenade etc.
    I hope it is a limitation of the multiplayer and not something that is brought to the single player too. After all they must be full on r%$ to repeat the mistakes of DNF.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

perhaps they are considering "realism" by enforcing a limit... referring to the joke that no soldier could carry all 9 weapons by themselves and still be an effective gunner, which.... by todays standards... sure.. but for -_-s sake, we're fighting the spawns of hell.... weapon limit restrictions be damned.

I'm sure someone will mod the game the moment is released for the full weapon loadout just like someone created the duct tape solution for doom3