DRIV3R Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by MIG-31, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

As promised, Atari has released a playable demo for DRIV3R featuring the "Booby Trap" mission set in Nice, and the "Tanner Escapes" mission which takes place in Istanbul (thanks: 3DGamers). In DRIV3R you plays once again as Tanner, a jaw breaking, no-holds-barred undercover cop who does whatever it takes to bring the bad guys down. Tanner, alongside his longtime partner, Tobias Jones, must infiltrate a global car theft ring in tire squealing chases and fierce on-foot firefights while tailing gangsters, chasing witnesses, stealing cars and unloading massive clips of ammo to bring the criminals to justice.

Mirror: 3dgamers 735MB.

2. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I saw this... Anyone tried it? Is it worth the DL? Cuz 735 is ALOT...

3. Daim

Daim New Member

no not worth it..

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

played it on ps2, big disappointment. the shooting is the worst i have ever seen, physics on the car are great and the music is terrible, the originals had better music on the playstation!

5. tek

tek New Member

This game is absolutely horrible

6. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

gta 3 and vice city have alredy done this and a lot better .... game needs tweaking bigtime for the pc the controls are badly layed out and the graphics while occasionally great suffer mainly from mediocrity

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I played the full game for a while.. It could have been good but WAY to many bugs and problems with the game, controls, etc...

This game sucks, don't waste your time..

8. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i played it back on the ps2 also and it absolutly sucked. i cant beleive how much theyve gone down hill since hte first driver.

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

erm!! Don't think i will bother with it either going by the comments........last time i played this type were way back on the psx1..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  10. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I was really looking forward to this game last year when the hype machine was in full throtle. I WANTED to like the game, I even gave it a honest go with a rental.. but its just sooooo bad. Every part of the game makes you say to yourself, "Man, this would have been cool, if only they did "x"". It goes from a great idea to a sub-par, buggy, unplayable mess in a hurry. Control should be the very first thing they iron out and there is no excuse for this kinda of crap. They should be ashamed of themselves for putting this dreck out.

I want a remake of AutoDuel !

11. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah and that was a good game in it's day too..

12. hohum

hohum New Member

I was bored and tried the demo, good luck to anyone else that bothers... I couldn't play it thanks to the controls. First mission involves driving a car to a certain point, at which point the passenger needs to jump onto a moving vehicle. So you move alongside, he gets into position ready to jump... then a message appears in the middle of the screen along the lines of: 'to jump press the vehicle action button'. 'What the hell?' I thought, promptly quitting the game to check control setup again. Yet, in the control configuration, there's no such action to assign a key to...? So gave up on that one.

Second mission available involves shooting police cars from the back of a moving truck. First time round I had to quit straight away as I couldn't work out how to shoot, so had to look in control config again. Second time around, now knowing the controls, I may aswell have not bothered. Simple task, shoot at a target to stop it ramming the truck and damaging it. Except thanks to the controls, I couldn't aim, even with my best efforts. I could perhaps have reconfigured the controls for it but I was fedup at this point.

So in the bin it went. Rubbish.

13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yes the control scheme is asinine.. You can't make some controls be on the mouse and the KB at the same time.. Or the game pad and the mouse at the same time.. And some controls you cannot "un" assign- so the analog sticks on the gamepad are always assigned the controls no matter what..

In a game where you need to jump back and forth between a gamepad and the keyboard, this is just completely stupid..

Also aiming is moronic, it seems the smallest movement you can make is about 5 pixels- no matter what you do with the windows sensitivity of the mouse, and there is no sensitivity adjuster in game..

The game looks like it is about half done. When all the gfx settings are maxed out you can get some really nice looking shadows and very nice looking lighting, but it's all for nothing, since te control scheme is retarded and incomplete.

With another couple years of testing and fixing, this game could have been good.. As it is- it's worthless. A shame really, but oh well.

I played through quite a few missions, even made a movie with the movie editor, which is also retarded, but if you spend an hour or so you can figure it out.. As you can tell I really wanted to get this game working and spent a few hours with it, those few hours were a test of my patience and in the end, a waste of my time.