Driver cleaner conusing options.

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by IIXII, Jun 29, 2009.

1. IIXII

IIXII New Member

Ok I've had a lot of gfx card problems with blue screens. i decided to buy Driver cleaner pro and use it.

For cleaning I can remember there where 6 options for cleaining ( on laptop atm have sent my gfx card back to he manufacturer), and 1 more for Nvidia chipset.

I selected all nvidia options for cleaning except chipset and I used advanced cleaning. This was in safe mode and after I'd uninstalled the drivers in normall mode. Doing so allowed me to remove 500 items so I did. The second time I cleaned the other day I did the scan the exact same way but found only 20 files. Completely confused here because I installed the same drivers after the first clean, so where have the 400 and more other files gone?

Could someone please right down the list of option under nvidia in driver cleaner pro and explain if i've done something wrong. If i've installed the same drivers after the clean shoudn't there be the same amount of files as the first clean?

If not then are all the cealning option I mentioned not included in the standard nvidia drivers download and do I have to redownload a whole load of software??

Regards.

2. IIXII

IIXII New Member

Examples of what I checked then cleaning are Nvdia WDM. Mainly wonderin are these files Like Nvidia WDM and Nvidia Stereo included in the normal driver update You download or do I have to redownload them seperatly.

Also Why on the first use of DC Pro did it remove 500 files but the second time after installing the exact same drivers did it only remove 20?

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 then it will also find the drivers in the driver repository, that are drivers the microsoft includes in the windows version. That can be a lot of files. I also noticed that sometimes the advanced scan can list file double so that could have also happend. That double listing will be fixed in the next version.

4. IIXII

IIXII New Member

Ah so the reason it removed so many files was down to a double list and all the windows drivers files that had been saved that come automatically with vista? ( I'm on vista). So this is normall the very first time you use driver cleaner and I haven't damaged anything?

What about the 6 options for cleaning nvidia (Not including chipset driver option) are all those 6 options included in every standard driver download from nvidia? Or do I have to redownload the seperate software?

5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

They standard for those components. However, unless you use those components you don't need to clean them, nor reinstall the drivers for them.

Spike: I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is sort of relevant. There are 2 options listed, one saying "ATI", and the other "Nvidia", but there's no clarification on what exactly they do. Is it an all inclusive option, where it will clean everything to do with ATI and Nvidia?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  6. Spike

The ATI is for ATI Graphics Drivers and the nVidia is for the nVidia Graphics drivers. So those 2 will only clean the graphics drivers.

7. IIXII

IIXII New Member

Do any of those 6 options come as standard with a nvidia card. I don't think I do, I use an XFX Nvidia card and just use the relevant drivers from thier website.

Anyway as long as it didn't remove a load of files I shoudn't have it's ok, just a very big difference between 500 files and 20.

Cheers for the responses.

8. Spike

Vista has a lot of drivers in it for the videocard that are not needed and the double counting also adds so nothing to worry about that amount. Everything that is needed for the card is in the nvidia driver that you download.