Driver Cleaner

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner Platinum Edition Support' started by lasdan, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lasdan

lasdan New Member

Hi,
    I just paid 10$ for the software, but it does not solve my problem.
    My problem is that, after cleaning everything as described, i get a "Catalyst Install Manager cannot initialize detection manager" error when trying to reinstall.

I can of course install the newest driver manually, but I need the ccc to set some settings, and I can't seem to get this installed.
    can somebody help me with this? waht is causing these issues?

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

First up, welcome to the forums.

The first thing I should ask is for a bit more information on the hardware, and operating system you are installing the driver on. That would help in narrowing down a possible solution for you.

3. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Have you tried downloading the ccc package as separate download and installing that after you installed the driver?

You can also try running ATi Catalyst Install Manager from the Add/Remove and let it uninstall everything and then install the new driver.

Make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed for the ati driver package.

4. lasdan

lasdan New Member

Thanks for your replies.
    Hardware ATI HD2400 OS Vista 32 bit English.
    I have downloaded the ATI package, modded it, tried to install it, same error message. Tried the original manufactures drivers, same issue. Cleaned again, installed the drivers manually (which worked fine) but everytime I try to install the CCC, the message "Catalyst Install Manager cannot initialize detection manager" comes up.
    Visual C++ 2008 SP1 is installed and working.
    It seems something somewhere is still not beeing properly removed, what can I do to resolve my issue?

Lasdan

5. lasdan

lasdan New Member

Can anybodty please reply to my question?

Lasdan.

6. Spike

I have no idea how to fix it, but i searched the internet and saw more people have this problem and a lot of them did not use Driver Cleaner, so looks like something goes wrong in the installer.

Have you tried uninstalling again through Add/Remove

7. lasdan

lasdan New Member

As mentioned in my previous postings, I've tried everything from a lot of sources.
    But somebody out there must know what the "Detection Manger" is, and why it won't initiliaze? Is this a part of CCC?, If it is, then it should be removable by for ex. drivercleaner as an extra option.

8. Spike

As far as i see is that the detection manager is part of the installer. What you can try is asking this question in the ATI Radeon Drivers forum, because maybe someone that visits in that area knows it.

9. lasdan

lasdan New Member

Ok...
    I was under the impression that Driver Cleaner is supposed to clean all aspects of the ATI driver? it cleans the ccc, ATI wonder and al this, but not the detection manager?

Lasdan

10. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

You're thinking about in a "horse before the cart" kind of way. The detection manager is part of the ATI driver installer that puts drivers into the system, while Driver Cleaner cleans drivers out of the system. Driver Cleaner is doing its job of cleaning your system out, but you're having problems putting things in.

A couple suggestions:
    - Be sure to have Microsofts .Net (dot Net) installed, minimum version should be 2.0. Try installing 3.5 first from HERE, or 3.5 SP1 from HERE. This is different than the C++ package that you already have installed, and is a must for the CCC to work.
    - With Vista, be sure to have at least Service Pack 1 installed, preferably Service Pack 2.

11. lasdan

lasdan New Member

Thanks for your suggestions, but I've tried the all, and they do not solve the problem.
    loads of people have this issue, modded and original driver users, but nobody seems to know how to fix it, or even how to bypass the detection manager to just install the CCC.
    Hopefully you guys can make an extra filter in Drivercleaner to remove/reset whatever it is that keeps this error from popping up, or come up with a workaround.

Lasdan