Driver Heaven inside Abit HQ

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jun 19, 2006.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read the article here

Aaron recently had the chance to go into Abit HQ since the USI takeover and took a look at several motherboards - the Fatal1ty AN9-32X and the IL-80MV. Aaron also spoke with Peter du Preez, Content Editor and Marketing Manager and mentioned some concerns that our membership raised on our forums.

Driver Heaven: With the still living AN8 issues ranging from leaking caps to USB issues, what is being done about it? And will problems like this occur in the future?
    Peter: The AN8 was released during the transitional phase when Abit was going through the financial struggles. From that time we have switched to 100% Japanese caps, have much more resources to pull for our R&D department, both of these things will increase the quality and compatibility of our boards exponentially. But even if a manufacturing defect were to occur, we now have an extra 22 RMA centers around the world to help our customers with convenience and ease.

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Nice.

"[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]please notice the new locking mechanism for the video cards which promises to make installing and removing leagues easier."

Any details on this, the "details" seems a bit
    [/font]sparsely :D

3. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

Unfortunately I didn't have a card to test it out with, but if you look at the second to last picture it's basically just a tab you pull :)

4. Erroneus

Ah yes, clever clever :) Always pain in the a**e to change a GFX :)

5. germanjulian

germanjulian Back in London

Abit rules!

shame they had such a bad rep recently

6. Erroneus

Yeah they taking some bad beating lately, I'm guessing loosing that guy (cant remember his name) who invented the guru technology and alot of other important ABIT technologies to DFI was a hard blow for them. Because ever since he went to DFI, ABIT hasn't been that impressive :(

Thats proberly why they are going to leave the GFX market, they want to concentrate on the most important thing to them, motherboards.

7. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Good article : )