Driver Heaven Mobility Modder.net Public Beta V 0.8.1.0 - XP and Vista Support!

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Ruud, the author of (the original and the best) Driver Cleaner, has just finished his updated version of Mobility Modder, which now also runs on Windows XP !

New version is 0.8.1.0

Changes:
    Code improvements
    Improved detection of MSXML 4.0
    Added XP support for more XPRESS 200M series
    Fixed XP support for X600 SE
    Fixes in the modification filters

Hardware supported:

Windows Vista
    ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2/T2e
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3200
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5000
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V7100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V7200
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9500
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9550
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 SE
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 XL
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800 XT
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1350
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1450
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800 XT
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1900
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X2300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X2300 HD
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100/1150
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1300M

Windows XP
    ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2/T2e
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL 7800
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL 9000
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V3200
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5000
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V7100
    ATI MOBILITY FireGL V7200
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 320M
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 340M/345M
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 9000
    ATI MOBILITY IGP 9000/9100
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9200
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9500
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9550
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 SE
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 XL
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X800 XT
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1350
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1450
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800 XT
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1900
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X2300
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON X2300 HD
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series
    ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100/1150

Get it HERE!

2. -=The_PoLe=-

-=The_PoLe=- New Member

Thanks Spike!

Now 7.5 drivers for my X600SE work flawlessly!

3. thelonesoldier

thelonesoldier New Member

Except, for some mysterious reason, they don't work properly with some laptops? Hmm.

4. DNAtek

DNAtek New Member

Ok, downloaded everything fine and followed directions for installation. Ran the setup.exe and everything went fine, reboot and when CCC should be starting, I get the message: "Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." The updated video driver still loads fine and the catalyst install manager seems to run fine, just not CCC. I've tried uninstalling, redownloading everything, remodifying, and reinstalling, but I get the same error. Any ideas?

5. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

DNAtek try reinstalling the .NET Framework 2.0 or if you are on vista the .NET Framework 3.0. It is possible that the .NET Framework is damaged and that those files can't load.

I did a search on the internet and saw more people had this problem with CCC. Most of them are using ATI Tray Tools. So maybe that is also a alternative.

6. dc443

dc443 New Member

Hi, I have a FireGL V5250 in my Thinkpad, and I have found this utility to be great for loading up the latest drivers on it, but I have been scouring the net to find a way to get better gaming performance out of this card. I know it's based on a X1700, which is supposed to be a little bit faster than a x1600 (whether it's the 12 shader, 5 vertex or 24(20?) shader, 8 vertex version), but I have been able to only get performance equal to a radeon9800 out of it, and I am assuming that this is because the drivers being loaded are the workstation drivers. I am only getting about 6500 in 3dmark03, and 55fps in the CS Source video stress test at 1680x1050 res noAA noAF (AF KILLS the fps on this card too).

Could any of you offer some insight on reversing the Radeon-->FireGL mods that are everywhere? There are literally ZERO guides ANYWHERE on how to convert a FireGL into a Radeon.

thanks.

7. F131

F131 New Member

Hi-
    Everthing seems to load well on my XP Media Edition HP ZD8000 with the X600, but for some reason the CCC did not load and I downloaded the 39 MB driver and watched it install. I did a full uninstall, remodded and reinstalled the the 7.5 driver and it still is not there. Any Ideas?

8. Spike

dc443 i don't know if the mod if driver related of that you would have to flash the bios. What you can do is ask it in the ATI graphics Card section, i am sure someone there could answer it.

F131 i will look into that CCC to see if i missed something, because it should install. Will double check it.

9. F131

F131 New Member

Great! Everthing works, otherwise. ATI should put you on their payroll.

10. Ananas

Ananas New Member

Can't update the driver files, but the rest work i suppose. Got an asus with x600 mobile..
    [​IMG]

What's the problem and a fix to that?

11. reiluke

reiluke New Member

it says 320m is supported, drivers installss but no direct3d and directdraw

installed it on emachine m5305 - winxp catalyst 7.5

12. Spike

reiluke can you point me to an old driver of the 320m? it is possible that i use old device settings. If you can point me to that driver i can check if i have all device settings for the 320m.

Ananas what exactly do you mean? because in those pictures it says Catalyst 7.5 so it looks like the 7.5 drivers are installed.

13. Ananas

Ananas New Member

Yes the catalyst control panel is installed. But when you look at the drivers version 2Ddriver, Direct 3D driver, OpenGL they are all version 6.14. Shouldn't they be version 7.5 or am I wrong?

14. SSilence

SSilence New Member

Hi I recently discovered the Mobility Modder and I'm very satisfied with it, but I'm experiencing a problem or two:
    1-Up to Cat 7.4 I was able to force the AntiAlias in CCC to 2x, 4x or 6x, but with Cat 7.5 there's no way to set it, it's not present under the 3d settings section and in the All settings page it's greyed out. I can still force the AA using the Ati Tray Tools, but this is annoying. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    2-The properties of my graphics card in Window's advanced options are just like the ones of a generic graphics. No way to set the VPU recovery, the fastwrites etc, unless using ATT once again.
    I'm now running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Packard Bell Easynote R8770 equipped with a Mobility 9700. The device ID is 4E50, provided by CCC.
    There's a solution to these, right?:)

15. Spike

Ananas nope they are right. I use driver 7.3 on my desktop and my versions are:
    2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6677
    Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0487
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.6388

So the versions are not like 7.5 orso. So that is all correct.

SSilence i will compare the 7.4 and 7.5 driver, maybe they changed something in there. Will check it.

16. reiluke

reiluke New Member

17. SSilence

SSilence New Member

Thank you Spike.
    I think my second problem it is related to Windows Vista or to Vista Catalyst package because every Cat version I tried (that is from 7.2 up) behaves the same way. After performing a manual installation launching the setup.exe and rebooting, I get the new drivers, the CCC and its icon in context menu and in notification area, the Windows advanced options recognise the 9700 but there are no advanced Ati specific features and it says that "the current video driver does not allow modification to the hardware acceleration settings". I tried to uninstall and reinstall from the device manager pointing to the C:\ATI\SUPPORT\"CatVersion" folder, but Windows pretends it's already using the latest available drivers for a generic graphics adapter, so that I can't perform an installation this way. I am Italian and so I use the Italian version of Windows and Catalyst: can this have any influence on the driver's correct operation?

18. bviperz

bviperz New Member

Hey peoples. I have an Acer TravelMate 8204WLMi with a Mobility Radeon X1600. Ran through the mod procedures step by step and it seems to have taken the drivers (able to launch counterstrike: source without haveing the driver is outdated message) but I have no Catalyst Control Center. I have reinstalled and watched the CCC load during the setup, but after rebooting, no CCC to be found. Any help? Thanks!

19. Spike

bviperz is there no icon to start it or when you right mouse click on the desktop?

SSilence the language does not matter. Maybe an alternative option is to use ATI Tray Tools. That can set all options without using CCC.

20. bviperz

bviperz New Member

Hey Spike! No, I don't have the CCC option when I right click on the desktop and I have no icon on my desktop for CCC. As it stands, I can only make changes to the resolution and color like if I was using the default Windows display driver. Yet, the adapter (under properties>settings>advanced) tab shows the correct card. Under the driver tab (in the adapter properties) is shows the driver version as 8.380.0.0 with a date of 5/17/2007. Is that correct? You also mention ATI Tray Tools, does that program function the same as CCC? Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.