Driver problems with Xtasy 9600 256MB

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by tek, Oct 9, 2004.

1. tek

tek New Member

One of my buddies got a Xtasy 9600 250mb video card and I just installed it for him yesterday... the card works fine when on default Windows drivers... but whenever its under the ATi drivers it crashes before even booting into windows.

I've tried the 4.10 betas, Omega 4.10, and the Catalyst 4.9's... all produced the same problem.

He's running Windows XP PRO... he had a GeForceMX 2 installed before and all I did was just pop the card out... couldnt find any drivers... and I ran Detonator R.I.P. and Detonator Destroyer on it to remove any nvidia files...

What the hell is going on? Should I run Drivercleaner on it?
    :confused: I feel bad for the kid he cant live without the computer lol and it just sucks... he cant even boot into Windows to uninstall the drivers now... hopefully Safe Mode works..

Any hints? Thanks guys

2. suiluj

suiluj New Member

run driver cleaner

3. Lchevy79

Lchevy79 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

well i went from a ti4600 to the same card and i ended up reformating. i ran driver cleaner an older version , and my computer didnt run as smooth as i like it to run. by the way the 9600 card i didnt like it and rplaced it with a 9800 pro, the 9600 ran neck in neck with a ti 4200 msi card. good luck on your problem

4. Zeakster

Zeakster New Member

I'm currently, and have been for sometime running a Xtasy 9600 256mb card and have experanced no trouble like your reporting. I have always found Xtasy cards run better on the Visiontech drivers, although I'm running the ATI Beta drivers now without any problems http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/wxp-w2k-8-07-018380E.exe here's the link to them. Also the 9600 cards don't like to run stable with the fast write turned off. Good Luck

5. bug77

bug77 New Member

Well, installing ATi drivers after having nVidia installed first is known to frequently cause major problems. The only/safest way around is to completely remove (read 'reformat host partition') the nVidia drivers.
    On the bright side, no, it's not the card's fault.

6. daemonevo

daemonevo c b k .

clean ur driver first, and try

7. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Ya Most 9600xt needs fast wright on trust me :) and check your bios to see if there up to dated. I don't have mind up to dated I don't have any issues.