Drivercleaner PLATINUM released

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 23, 2006.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Today is a very special day for our members, we have released a brand new tool and the latest in the very successful Driver Cleaner range. So what does the Platinum version bring to the table?

It is a total code overhaul which is optimised and faster. Platinum edition is also fully skinnable and we have created our first Drivercleaner theme, with more to come. It also has a new self updating option directly to our secure servers so you will always have the newest cleaning code for safe and secure installation of your new drivers. Since its conception, Drivercleaner has received in excess of 4,500,000 downloads and has won awards and been included on optical media the world over, from the far east to the USA. With Platinum edition we are continuing the trend of producing an incredibly useful tool which is totally spyware free.

Due to the development time and the resources we have put into creating and updating this new revision, Driver cleaner platinum is not free, however it is also not an expensive application, costing only 5 euros. For those of you unable to afford the Platinum edition we still offer the Pro version which offers much of the functionality of its bigger brother. A license for Drivercleaner Platinum will also last you for the lifetime of its development, we wont be charging again for V2....

Support for the Platinum edition is also enhanced with Ruud/Spike the author not only available in email to all platinum owners but we have a special priority platinum edition forum just opened to ensure you all get the fastest support possible. the new forum section is over here.

[​IMG]

Visit www.drivercleaner.net for all information on the new version and to purchase

2. phantommenace2

phantommenace2 hexa-core gamer

how much is 5 euro in dollars??...

so does this mean that the free version of Driver Cleaner will not be getting updated with this new code anytime soon or ever?

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

It's about 6 $ with the current rate and I guess not for your other question...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  4. HardwareHeaven

the free version of drivercleaner is an older codebase yes, and there would hardly be much point in us updating the free one to the new code if we are already charging for it in platinum.

5. Buddahpest

Buddahpest Active Member

I just purchased the software. It works very well. Thank you!

6. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Urgh, I don't have paypal available, a simple form to enter a credit card number would be much easier for me.

Price is good, lifetime license is good as well.

Is .NET required?

7. HardwareHeaven

you can use credit card via paypal. we will probably be adding other options shortly.

8. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

5 euros non recurring :eek:

I'm sold!

personally I think you're selling yourselves a little short, and could probably charge a little more toward future development etc, but I'm not complaining ;)

9. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

nice guys, ill be pickin this up when i aquire a CC to use,

one thing though,

the softpedia link in the award section takes you to V 1.4, in the description at softpedia it says V1.4 has live update, looks like someone is misunderstanding?

10. HardwareHeaven

V1.4 of the older drivercleaner had live update. the code has been rewritten to be secure transfer and is in the new platinum only.

11. jethro

jethro Banned

For every 5 euros collected, Spike probably gets 1?

12. HardwareHeaven

Well im sure you already donated 100's to spike over the years because you love his work so much right?

Seriously though, once the financial running of these sites and the costs of hosting etc and the payment/wages of my staff are any of your business ill be sure to let you know .....

13. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i see, looks like i was misunderstanding! :lol:

14. Razgriz

Razgriz Intelligence?

i love z.....

defiantly will be donating money to both DH and Spike when i get payed next ;)

15. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Ok, I ordered. Just wanted to help support your site. Know it ain't much, but thanks for the help and tools I have received here. :)

16. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Got a little treat for you guys.

After a dozen sponging, and a simple color change I guess this will be the first usermade skin for Driver Cleaner Platinum Edition.

Not that I don't like the default blue, but it was killing my eyes after a while.

You can grab it HERE from FileFront for now until I can figure out something more permanent. On their page click on the "more details about this file" under the description heading for info on what I did, as well as how to undo the changes I made in the DCleaner.ini file to put back the default interface.

Hope you guys like it.

Tip

17. HardwareHeaven

very cool tipstaff, we can host that, and maybe have a user skinning competition........

18. HardwareHeaven

get tipstaffs skin here

19. HardwareHeaven

20. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I just realized that I should have asked before posting it since the bmp files are part of the Platinum version which is only downloadable after you support it through PayPal. Sorry about that.