DriverHeaven - Driver Cleaner Professional Edition 1.5

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by Spike, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Here is a new release of Driver Cleaner Professional edition.

Here is a list of what has changed or added since v1.4 (Date: January 21, 2005):
    Added:
    - Version check to see what the latest version is online
    - View filters version number in settings screen
    - Cleaning filter profile saving and loading (View help for details)
    - Razer Mouse cleaning file
    - SoundMAX Audio cleaning file

Updated:
    - 3Dfx cleaning file
    - ATI cleaning file
    - ATI CCC cleaning file
    - ATI MMC cleaning file
    - ATI WDM cleaning file
    - Creative Audio Lite cleaning file
    - Creative Audio cleaning file
    - nForce Chipset cleaning file
    - nVidia cleaning file
    - S3 Savage cleaning file
    - Some Language files

Improved:
    - Full registry backup routine
    - Cab Cleaner Code
    - Help file

Fixed:
    - Bug in settings screen with folder size text

IMPORTANT: uninstall any older version first before installing Driver Cleaner Professional.

It is for nVidia, ATI, Creative, Turtle Beach, SIS Graphics, 3Dfx and others. It will remove anything that is left by the drivers after uninstall.

If you use this program either for personal or business use and wish to support this program, please consider a donation via paypal ( information in the help file ). Every little bit helps my development time over the last 3 years in bringing this tool to the public domain. See the Driver Cleaner website for a link or check the readme or help file for more details.

You can download the new version here.

Please note due to many sites ignoring our EULA, being dishonourable and deep linking files from the Driverheaven server we have anti leeching scripts now in place. if you want to spread the news regarding this release, then link to our HTML page.

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

nice update spike, gonna give this and the zeropoint 6.2's a try! :eek: :D ;)

3. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

worked great, thank you ;)

4. MousePotato

MousePotato New Member

I've noticed that when cleaning nVidia video drivers, it deletes all the C:\NVIDIA folder.

- can you check to get it to delete only the vid card files in C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP , as the C:\NVIDIA folder also carries the C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP motherboard drivers, and i don't like getting them deleted at the same time

- other then that issue, this is one great piece of software, many thanks for its use.

5. Spike

MousePotato thanx for telling, i will fix that in the next version.

6. Superpiccolo

Superpiccolo If ignorance is bliss...

I just noticed something when I used DriverCleaner Pro 1.5 for cleaning my ATI up. When using all the ATI filters there are some reg entries that no not get deleted because of their permission settings. They are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART
    (For these last two I am not sure if it was those EXACT values that did not get deleted because after I deleted the ControlSet001 group manually {using regedit and changing the permissions} the CurrentControlSet group did not display on the next scan through.

7. Spike

Superpiccolo i know about that. The main thing is that i can't set the permissions. I am still searching and trying to see if i can fix that. Also if i remember correctly then those keys are empty so it is not a problem.

8. DooGie

DooGie New Member

Yes you get the same type of Registry entries left over after running the Razer cleaner.

9. Spike

DooGie what entries are left over then? some in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root you mean?

10. DooGie

DooGie New Member

Next time I do an uninstall of Razer drivers I'll let you know exactly what is not removed Spike. sorry I should have made a few notes but yes from what I can remember most of the entries were in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002 and 003.

11. drgrafix

drgrafix New Member

Spike...

This looks like an APP that I could learn to like, but I haven't used it yet. I've tried, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I DL the Pro version and expand it, but it jumps to a DOS-like command window and asks me if I want to replace a bunch of things. Is that normal? I don't think I've ever installed this before tonight.

I really want to remove all my ATI Radeon 8500DV drivers and start from scratch. I tried switching to Omega drivers and have lost audio in my TV mode plus I can't use the remote. I have audio in all other modes and in other APPs like QT, MP, etc.

Anyway, I thought something was wrong and before I delete anything manually, I want to make sure your deal is correctly installed. TIA!

Doc

12. Spike

drgrafix just unzip the zip file and then run the exe, that exe is the installer. There should be no dos window.

13. Malfador

Malfador New Member

Visual distortion

I have an issue that just reared its head last night after I'd changed the refresh rate in Windows for my display from 60 Hz to 75 Hz, then back again. This action seems to have triggered a glitch in one of my devices or drivers that's causing a horrible graphical distortion when I lower my resolution to 1024x768 or 800x600. The effect can best be described as a "mini-blind" effect and makes it virtually impossible to read text, as there are huge horizontal jaggies all down the screen, top to bottom. It basically looks like the display is going into or out of a dream sequence. After returning the display to a 1280x1024 resolution, the distortion disappears and everything goes back to normal. I would simply leave it at the higher resolution and ignore this issue, if one or two games I play regularly (Diablo 2's one of them) didn't require that I ran at a lower resolution (800x600 or lower).

I've called the manufacturers of my monitor, video adapter, and motherboard (in that order), and each of them said they'd never heard of this issue and simply passed the buck to the next device. Quite frustrating, as you might imagine.

Some things I've tried thus far are uninstalling and reinstalling the monitor in Device Manager, reinstalling the drivers to my video card (latest versions), and I plan to check the BIOS and update if necessary this afternoon.

I should mention that when in Safe Mode, this problem disappears. Apparently, then, this is a driver issue for sure, but which driver and what's the solution?

The applicable hardware is:

Samsung 191TPlus LCD
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB
    Abit KV7 motherboard (I thought my problem might be a faulty AGP driver, but Abit claims this motherboard doesn't use one, as all control of the video is left to the video adapter in the AGP slot)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried running Driver Cleaner Pro (latest version), but if I try running the cleaner on "ATI," I reboot to find the video drivers conflicting somehow in device manager. The problem is gone, until I reinstall the latest ATI Radeon drivers, and then it's back. Anyone have any idea?

14. Spike

Malfador did oyu follow the steps in the readme.
    1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
    2. Remove ATI driver from add/remove programs then remove the control panel from add/remove programs
    3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
    4. On reboot into safe mode WinXP SP1/SP2 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
    5. Navigate to device manager->display adapter->uninstall and/or remove ATI display adapter but do not reboot
    6. Disable any AntiVirus Software (If you don't disable is than it could give trouble)
    7. Run Cab Cleaner (not needed, but recommended)
    8. Run Driver Cleaner
    9. Empty recycle bin and reboot
    10. Install the new drivers

By number 8 use as filters ATI and ATI CCC

15. DaDuke

DaDuke New Member

PayPal Button

Spike,

Developers like yourself are simply amazing people and I, as do all the users who downloaded your D/C program appreciate and Thank You and you're team.

I would like to make one request, if I may.
    Would you please place a PayPal donate button on your Driver Cleaner webpage.
    The web is all about ease, speed and Gettin-R-Done; and even though I made a donation in the suggested manner I feel you may have a better response if it were visible on you're site. I truly want to see you compensated for you're diligent work.

Thanks Again for all you've done for the cyber community.
    Michael

16. Dimusik

Dimusik New Member

have a problem . I was using drivercleaner 1.2 for long time with out problem . Today i uninstaled my half year used 5.12 drivers to update to 6.05 and also updated DriverCleaner to 1.5 . Uninstaled in add/remove drivers, booted in safe mode and used drivercleaner as always . When after booting back to windows now i cant install any drivers :\ tried already 5 different sets moded and also tried 5.12 that was my favourite, but none of them cant install . Setup installs drivers normaly but at the end screen goes black for about 3 secs and then error pops out "setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standart vga driver before running setup ".Tried installing them manualy in device manager - same result :\

17. Spike

Can you send me the log files? they are in the folder LOG in the folder where you installed DC Pro. Please mail them to info@drivercleaner.net, maybe i can see there what went wrong.

18. nunuk

nunuk New Member

sysfader.exe

I've got this little ennoying exe into my PC. Will that software help me to eliminate it?

Thanks in advance!

19. CHRISREP

CHRISREP New Member

whew sounds like nice software

20. HHawk

HHawk aka the Bacardi Man...

I have a question concerning the .cab cleaner.

I am trying to create a Slipstream Windows XP cd through nLite.
    But as for my question;

Is it possible to clean the .cab files from unwanted ATI / Creative / nVidia drivers?
    I mean not my current .cab file, but the one which is going to be slipstreamed?

Hopefully it's clear to you what I mean.
    Cause I am desperate to create a Windows XP install cd without the standard ATI / Creative / nVidia drivers in the .cab files.

Please let me know.

Regards,
    HHawk