Driverheaven gets it once again WinXp SP1 1089 leaked!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by David, Aug 6, 2002.

1. uf4

uf4 Always newbie & cocky kid

Re:

quite a manner of speaking.. i like that

2. uf4

Re:

i dont think so but i dont mind to keep using this one till release.

3. Burt McGirt

Burt McGirt New Member

Death by 1089!

ok...i've been upgrading since the first (1050) with no problems. i manage to get 1089 last night, upgrade from 1081, and now i can't boot!!! it made it all the way through, clicked finish to restart, and during reboot right after it shows the WinXP splash screen with the blue moving bar, it reboots again! an endless loop!!! if i let it sit, it would reboot continuously!!! what happened? can't boot to Safe Mode, can't boot to Last Known Good Configuration...nothing!!! is there a way to run a restore from dos like "scanreg /restore" in WinMe???

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

4. uf4

Re: Death by 1089!

i need your email address/ will send you a fix.

;

5. RiBeT

RiBeT New Member

Endless loop of rebooting...........Thats what happened to mine when I applied the SAD patch to XP Pro Retail with a service pack installed.

6. uf4

Re:

RiBeT,
    How do you fix it ? is it somes to do with registry ?

;

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh New Member

I had the same problem. After I applied the new uxtheme.bat file from shaith. What I did to fix it, was to start system in safe mode with command prompt. When the system has completely booted and showing the command prompt hit control-alt-delete that will bring your task manager up. The next step is to click NEW and that will allow you to browse through your files and give you access to your CD drives. Luckily fore me I have backed up all of my SP1's. From there providing you too have backed up your SP1's browse for the file and do a re-install with your service pack. Hope this helps.

Pharaoh

8. uf4

Re: Death by 1089!

Burt McGirt,
    i got your address/ will send it now..

pls read it carefully and if you think the prob. is same as your,
    then do it step-by-step. but again, this is about registry so it's up to you and at your own risk!

Good luck.

;

9. Graywolfie

Graywolfie New Member

rebooting problem

I had this same problem when I installed 1079 a while back. Turned out that after much detective ork on my part that my firewall (sygate) was the problem. However just disabling it did not work. I had to uninstall it completely and then it booted fine. Once booted I re-installed it and the problems were back. Hence I installed a different firewall since. I have not tried it with versions of SP1 since. Just a shot in the dark for you to check. Good Luck!

10. Burt McGirt

Burt McGirt New Member

HELP!

i am totally stuck like chuck. i've tried booting from 2 different xp cd's, AND my 6 disk floppy xp boot set and it freezes at the very end. i can't boot to safe mode, safemode command prompt, last known good config., nothing!!! the only thing i can do is boot from a 98/me startup disk. since i can at least boot to 98/me dos (w/ cdrom support), DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RUN A RESTORE FROM HERE??? i tried the scanreg/ restore like in winMe, but that didn't pull anything up to restore from. is anyone even remotely knowledgable as to what is going on here?

I just wanted to go from 1081 to 1089! sniff.....sniff.....

11. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

The problem with the infinite reboot is that you must have changed your ntoskrnl, uxtheme.dll or logonui.dll files. They can sometimes cause this. You may want to replace those with your backups ;)

12. Howlin'Psycho

Howlin'Psycho New Member

Re:

My God, man!

Your phone bill must be fxxxing high!

I have aslo just 56k, but I have have friends :D with kick ass lines :cool:

Go Fast!

howlin

PS! 56k ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not.......

13. Howlin'Psycho

Howlin'Psycho New Member

Re:

Have you tried the repair function on the XP CD?

Go Fast!

howlin

14. mr  pinky

mr pinky New Member

Re:

excuse my ignorance, but...... what is the SAD patch ?

is it anything to do with the anti- wpa fix ? (for legit versions)

ps. is 1089 win xp sp1 in essence rc1?

15. Howlin'Psycho

Howlin'Psycho New Member

XPSP1 v.1089 an WMP 9 running great on my rig.
    Noticed that some people have problems with playing divx with the new media player, but I can't see why it should be because of the program. Must be comp. issues locally.

one question though; When I download zip-files, it always opens the file rather than save it to hd....Is this some default stuff that comes with v.1089? Is there any way to change it to save as default?

Go Fast!

howlin

16. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I download test first time offical I had np what so ever :) runs great some how my ghz went up last time I know it said 1662 now said 1663@1714 :) wired I aslo notice that Directx dlls got updated too.

17. jony265

jony265 New Member

slipstream?

everytime i do a clean install of my winxp i get error that the wmpui.dll file cannot be found or copied what i was wondering is should i try to only replace this file or is it possible to slipstream wmp 9 into this xpcd along w/xpsp1 1089 or whatever new vs of xp1 is out. what i need is advice on what others think is best to do and a good link to set of instructions on how to slipstream as i have never done it before but i do make my own boot cd w/nero. advice? if this type of link is not allowed in this forum then please ignore that request thanx :confused: :hmm:

18. twiztidfreak69er

twiztidfreak69er New Member

Partition Magic

Ok I know this isnt about XP or SP1 or WMP9 lol But since I cant make a new topic I decided to ask in here I have a copy "Legal Copy" of Partition magic when I had first got my PC it had Windows ME with a Partitioned & Compressed D: Drive for I beleive system restore then when I did a full install for Windows XP their was no use for the D drive So I deleted it and when I did I chose to go to the NTFS instead of FAT32 and I bought Partition Magic And since the D drive was unallocated I decided to make my C drive larger and everything worked fine and all the unallocated space merged with my C drive which gave me more space of coarse lol well when I had to reformat I reformatted back to FAT32 and deleted the d drive again and tried to do the same again but this time it goes into a boot loop saying the drive cannot unlock or lock I beleive it saied "Cannot Lock Drive" although I'm not possitive about this so I had to tap on the F 8 key to go to safe mode and chose go to last known good config can someone please help me solve this prob so I dont decide to reformat again please help asap thanks

19. Kosh

Kosh New Member

Re:

The issues with WMP9 and DivX is mostly SubTitle Related.
    Meaning it's issues with VobSub and WMP9 and not DivX+WMP9.

Whenever ppl having subtitle problems are trying to play a DivX AVI and a related SRT (SUB etc.) file ... WMP9 crashes and the reason for the crash is the VobSub AX file.

Different versions of VobSub 2.14 and 2.16 are yielding the same result.Luckily Sasami2K works great with DivX AVI's and Vobsub so it isn't a big problem.

20. Gedes

Gedes New Member

I tried downloading the Uxtheme patch from page one. Sadly, it no longer seems to work. Does anyone have any linkage? Or could someone email/Aim/Yahoo/Kazaa it to me? Any of those options is good for me!

Thanks!