DriverHeaven Has Gotten Its Hands on Windows XP Service Pack 1 Beta 1073

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Crash Override, Jul 12, 2002.

1. bobeck

bobeck New Member

Re:

ok this is totally untrue...i installed sp1 1050 with one key...then kept it for a few upgrades...and with 1073 i changed my key to a different valid corp key...so yes you can certainly change yer key to another corp key after installing a version of sp1

2. Shaith

Shaith New Member

Re:

Wow, another one who managed to type in the cd key correctly!

Vamp, maybe it's your keyboard... :eek: :D :eek:

3. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

guys there is any easy way to settle this debate about corp and pro keys with sp1

ok when you install corp and use your new key guess what it works and sp1 will install

however a corp build of sp1 hasnt been made yet so it basically makes your corp version and activated pro version which means if you want to change keys you have to use a valid pro key

heres where the prob comes in...if its a pro key thats being used it wont be accepted so that means you have to buy pro to get it to work.

now were not saying that you should use a pro key on windows install but im pretty damn sure it will not take corp keys when you do the change key once the sp1 is installed

PM me if you have proof otherwise and I'll verify it....dont wanna set my box up again for no reason ;)

4. Time

Time New Member

For da Corporate version...
    If you boot to the CD and use the newly generated Corp key it will work just fine. If ya try to re-install/new-install from within Window...it rejects they newly generated Corp key. If you should choose the latter, than use the original Corp key and then use the re-activate method with the newly generated key. That would validate this quote:

5. jony265

jony265 New Member

1073 install

no problems on other builds but since i installed 1073 i cannot get any ram programs like ramidle to work. i keep getting the error "unable to locate the processor performance object" anyone else get this? i tried reinstalling ramidle and tried cool beans sys info but i get the same error w/ both. thanx in advance oh btw does anyone know the exact date the final sp1 will be out and what build it will be called?

6. bobeck

bobeck New Member

Re:

hopefully without breaking the rules of the forum i'll explain how i did my setup...when i got my cd key changer from the ms beta newsgroup...i used one of their generated keys to install sp1 1050....i left it that way till 1068...i put that wrong in my first post...then i switched to the B6Q7B key...which the poster in the group claimed was another valid corp key...and the key switched just fine and installed 1068...and 1073 on top of that...which is why i'm curious as to the sp needing pro keys and not corp keys after install as i shared that new key with friends and it installed on all their pc's although theirs were clean installs...i'll be redoing the pc in the bedroom this weekend so i can gladly throw together some screen grabs to verify...just let me know what yer gonna need

7. Raider1

Raider1 There is always next year

Thks

Good info thks man Yeah now we need to just wait for the sp1 corp to come out :D

8. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

bobeck check you pm ;)

9. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

in reply to some earlier posts, some tweaks will not work on these leaked builds, as there are certain code changes.

10. shai

shai Banned

the corp key works now after i reinstalled

11. RobberDucky

RobberDucky New Member

Re:

what tweaks are we talking about here?

12. uf4

uf4 Always newbie & cocky kid

Style XP Update

Style XP Update v1.01e posted at Majorgeeks.com

I think this update will make Style XP works with SP1 v1073,
    the program never say Windows version when start and working fine.. (on my machine)

no link to d/l this update version at TGT Soft (home of Style XP) just yet,
    still show v1.01b on the page.

If you think this will be a useful news for peoples who like to use the program
    better than hack it by his hand manually so then start a new thread, I don't know how.

13. Nexus

Nexus -=Space Cowboy=-

not true i used the corp workaround from http://www.mwright.plus.com/xp.htm to get rid of my fckgw... key and it works fine. I now running 1073 without a problem. :D they heve a zip file to d/l that has good instructions to change it. Great site for everyone to look at that might have acidentaly used the fckgw... key.

14. Nexus

Nexus -=Space Cowboy=-

Direct X beta 9 - a little off topic

you i found out from a friend that this beta dx9 stops functioning after so-many days then i saw a couple of posts were ppl have hacked it so it lasts indefinatly. Were can i get dx 9 and/or this hack can some one pm me or post d/l locations. -Thanks

15. IGGY

IGGY New Member

Re: Style XP Update

Actually there main page = http://www.tgtsoft.com/ Has had it for a day or 2. I got it the other day. They claim July 12, 2002 as there date of post on the update.

16. IGGY

IGGY New Member

Re: Direct X beta 9 - a little off topic

I thought we had a no this type of request rule? But the past 2 post seem to clearly come close to stepping over this line. I got my posted edited in 2 seconds. After not even posting a link or asking for info to be posted in the forum. Yet the last 2 get a pass?

17. Morp00

Morp00 New Member

Can't Download

Could someone please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't seem to download from any site. It telling me there a time out, dont' have access, and so on. could you pleae let me know what I should do. I have window xp pro.. and i really want to install 1073 SP1. Thanks alo

18. Morp00

Morp00 New Member

FTP

Do i have to have an FTP server software in order to download for any of the FTP. It seem like i ca't not download from any of the ftb. In fact i can't downlaod period... Could someone please hlep me out. Thank you.

19. boby

boby New Member

Re: FTP

u don't need any ftp server sofware to download SP1,just luck.I had the same problems,but then get lucky :D :D :D

20. Morp00

Morp00 New Member

Email

could someone please email me with the leak. I have been trying for about two to weeks now and I am unsuccesfull in downloading bothe the 1063 and the 1073. I would appreciate it very much. Please if you can sent it to my email. I can't even find it on kazzaa. Could it be maybe that my network has some kind of block or somthing. Help...