Driverheaven zer0point 0.6697.Q Final

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by pr0digal jenius, Jan 17, 2005.

1. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

As far as I understand, windows will always need some paging file space to use no matter how much RAM you have, and should probably be at least 512mb even if u got a ton of memory.

2. Daishi

Daishi Xtreme G Author

o ok so basically u can do it but i cant i c. anyway i was gonna do it again but instead i pmed the guy yesterday. he was having serious probs with your drivers so i pmed him instead of posting my drivers in your thread.

3. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

I'm interested in trying these, but (un)fortunately I don't have NVIDIA card but in Toshiba laptop. Any chance of these supporting laptops, like Omegas do?

We're working on it currently this release does not support laptops but we're hoping with the next release to have it included...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

We're working on laptop support, this release does not support laptops hopefully our next release will....

5. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

haha...poopy hit the edit button instead of the quote button :p

and no daishi, don't take it that way...you're more then welcome to discuss the drivers or post them for people to try....just, link them to the DRIVERS as opposed to your site. Drivers are allowed...site pimping is against forum rules ;)

The End...now let's get back to the show :)

yes...laptop support is planned for a future release(perhaps not this next one, but the one after that :))

also, as per the offtopic paging file question...no...don't try that. Paging files are absolutely necessary. The only way you coudl even attempt that is via a RamDisk drive...but since paging files are reccomended to be ATLEAST as large as your RAM, and in cases of 512MB or less of RAM, 2x as big...that's not going to work very well :p

6. realjessy

realjessy DrvierHeaven Driver

no matter , i cant even manage to install this driver:confused:

ti say" doesnt support win xp...":confused:

i install this driver from device manager:confused: :confused:

plz help me....who ever can help me god bless u :confused:

my card is GF4 ti ......win xp sp2

7. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

Did you uninstall youre presant drivers and run Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out the leftover files????

8. DarkerFate

DarkerFate New Member

Just wanted to say thanks for these drivers, fixed a real big problem I was having with stability/lockups in City of Heroes, using my 6800GT.

9. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Completely uninstall your old driver, run drivercleaner in safe mode, reboot and run the setup file included with the package....Should work fine with your gf4

10. ikarinokami

ikarinokami New Member

Hi, i had a couple of question. I'm still wating on my dfi SLI motherboard so I haven't had a chance to put my 6800gt sli a64 3500+ system yet together yet.
    1. will I still get fp32 hdr with these drivers in far cry?
    2. will nividia mix mode AA still be avaible to me?
    I just want all out quality, so would these drivers be just what i'm looking for?

11. Daishi

Daishi Xtreme G Author

hes probably getting that whql message. you have to cliock install anyway when that message comes up, realjessy

12. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Yes, and yes, and we can use your help as a Beta tester when you get that SLI rig together we've got some things we want to include for SLI owners....

13. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

indeed...once we get the older cards running nicely, we plan to tackle some SLi stuff before we move on to laptops

14. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

I have a 128mb 5900. When using your drivers in Counter Strike, there are now noticable "lines" of change in texture detail on walls. Like lets say I'm looking down a hallway. The wall on my right is pretty detailed right next to me. Farther down the same wall there is a sudden change of quality, like a"line" where on the side closer to me its higher detail and the side further away its lower detail.

15. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Do you notice this in any other game besides Hl2 and CS:S? we're looking at if this is something only occuring on source games or other engines in order to fix it, it has to do with the way texture filtering is being implemented and LOD... Check and make sure in your control panel that the anisotropic mipmap filtering optimization is off...

16. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

Hard to see or show in a screenshot but very noticable when the game is in motion

[​IMG][​IMG]

like lets say those gradients were the walls I would see kind of a seperation like that that occurs when the wall is a certain distance away from the camera. Just kind of annoyign and wasn't there before.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  17. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

anistropic mip map filterign is off. anistropic sample optimization is on however.
    also force mipmaps is on trilinear. also just wondering, why is your autoexec set to bilinear filtering?

Another thing both me and a friend (who has a 5900 ultra 256mb) noticed is that when anti-aliasing is enabled, all the shiny surfaces appear pink!
    http://img170.exs.cx/img170/2926/testhardware00095lo.jpg
    http://img186.exs.cx/img186/943/testhardware00082fe.jpg

I remember something similar happens in CS1.6 on pretty much all drivers ive ever used, and was more noticable than in HL2. honestly it isnt that bad in HL2 I can live with it. Also the "seperations" in CS1.6 were always straight, in HL2 they appear to be curved a little. I don't know fi any of this helps.

18. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

On newer drivers the 5x series autoexec will be changed back to trilinear we don't have a 5x series card to play with so we're doing this with feedback after the release we found this to be appropriate for the 5x series cards. The pink surfaces I'm going to have to look into, this is only with AA enabled?

19. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

Yes pink is only when AA is enabled....

Anyway on other problem I have some better shots from HL2 single player. Look at floor of train. This is using ur autoexec.cfg but changing the filtering. 1024x768 settings on high.
    http://img173.exs.cx/img173/6274/hl2bi1wf.jpg bilinear
    http://img173.exs.cx/img173/2049/hl2tri7hd.jpg trilinear
    http://img173.exs.cx/img173/1811/hl2ani2x3yh.jpg anistropic 2x
    http://img173.exs.cx/img173/4111/hl2ani4x5tt.jpg anistropic 4x

4x pretty much clears this problem up, which is what I'm running single player in with out too much of a performance hit.

20. ColdPenguin

ColdPenguin ***** goon

okay I got it. The problem is caused by the image quality slider. You have it set to performance. When it is set to hgihest Quality this problem is completely eliminated.

I guess the performance\quality slider might not do much on your new 6800s, but it makes a hell of a lot of difference on a 5900!