Driverpackage suggestion

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Tengujin, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Tengujin

Tengujin Forecast for tonight: Dark

Hi all,

I have (had) a lot of problems uninstalling drivers when i want to try out new sets (and switching back if they didn't answer to me).
    The major issues i had was when i rebooted after uninstalling the drivers, windows just reinstalled them without asking or initialising the "found new hardware"wizard and i had to delete some "oem.xxx" files from the sysfolder, editing the registry (even regcleaner didn't remove all keys) and so on just to be able to get a clean driver install.
    Following the uninstall guide, i only managed it once (after trying for about ten times) to force winxp to (virtually) remove the hardware and to be able to do a clean driver install.

I'm still using the catalist 02.2 (6159) set because i can't remember how i've managed to get a clean install (lucky shot.. hehe) :D

If ATI is able to make such great "install" software i'm sure they are able to make great "uninstall" tools which are included with new (catalist) driverpacks.

I'know Omega is..

just a suggestion.

Cheers,
    T.

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well I know ATI value customer satisfaction as I deal with a few staff members on DH and ill mention this thread link in conversation to them but I also suggest you email them this yourself, direct.

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well I know ATI value customer satisfaction as I deal with a few staff members on DH and ill mention this thread link in conversation to them but I also suggest you email them this yourself, direct.

4. RIV@NVX

RIV@NVX Freedom is a feature.

Re:

Doble post, great one... lol... it happens to administrators too...

BTW, I had no problems with ATI's installation, but I definitly better like Cyborg's one.