DSP building issues

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by peate, Apr 10, 2022.

1. peate

peate Active Member

Hello everyone,

I've been having a hell of time trying to build dsp's, more precisely, connecting the "wires" between plug-ins. I get the line drawn, and as soon as I release the mouse, it disappears. I know if I miss the connector it does that, but I'm dead center and using the huge size. Here's where the fun starts; when I move the mouse, the whole dsp window follows the mouse, without clicking and won't let go for me to start a new line unless I right click and refresh the page. Then the whole thing starts over.

One way it works but not always is the direction I use to connect. If I start the line from the source i.e. Profx src into MX8, I get into trouble, but if I go from Mixer to src, it usually works. I have tried 32 and 64 bit versions and the 64 bit one is steadier but using only default plug-ins. No ProFX or UFX. , but I still get weird behavior, like a part of a line sticking out from a plug-in, going nowhere.

This has started recently, in 2022. It looks more like a graphical issue, but the same problem exists in my 2 machines, both very similar.

Has anyone else tried DSP building and noticed strange behavior?

Could I get a few volunteer dsp users to do some tests.

Thanks'

Note: I tried with Smart connect on and off. It's usually off.

2. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Hello, Peate, incase you havent managed to sort out the DSP building issues, as I see your message is from april.. if you still need someone for testing, let me know, man :)

peate and IvanV like this.
  3. peate

peate Active Member

Hi Natty. I finally got 3 set-ups working, so no more fiddling with the DSP. Just switch settings and with MX8 as my controller, it's fine.

Some days it doesn't act up, other times it unworkable. Seems more steady right after I boot. Something is conflicting, but what? Anyway, thanks for your help. Have you tried building a DSP from scratch with Pro FX? Let me know how it goes

NattyDredd likes this.
  4. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Hey peate, I have indeed built my DSP from scratch, have a looksie :)

I also use the MX8 as the master control. I also have the MSTR FX2 - EQ (ufx EQ) as I change EQ alot, chat radio with no bass and the like.
    As for the reliability of your setup, could it be a conflict hardware-wise... Im still on a PCI Audigy2 zs with front bay and game/midi daughter card... I remember having to set the PCI resoruces, setting the IRQ and all that jazz... hehe.. :)

Also, another thought, when I installed under the hidden (by default) Administrator account, this sorted out permissions issues I was having, like for example, the midi control/automation of the DSP plugins. Installing on the usually created Admin account didnt fix this, only activating the hidden Admin account on Windows 10 sorted it... so maybe its a permissions issue?

Natty's DSP.png Natty's MX8.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  5. peate

peate Active Member

That's quite the set-up. I like your labels, what plug-in did you use to make them. I'm surprised you didn't run out of resources, and you still have enough for a few more plug-ins.. I think my problem is more aesthetic than functional. Everything works fine, just the DSP page being silly. However, it seems much more stable lately. I had it open for a while yesterday making changes to a few plug-ins and all went well.

Maybe the recent updates I had fixed it. Not a big deal, really.

I always use the administrator account, don't have guests.

Thanks for your help Natty, take care.

NattyDredd likes this.
  6. NattyDredd

NattyDredd New Member

Hey, peate... the labels are the 'info' plugin, available in the main 'right-click' menu... literally just that, very handy to keep track of what is where, gets a lil confusing otherwise with more complex setups.

Yeah, I've been using the hidden Admin account for a fair while, just makes all the permissions issues vanish. Just incase anyone else requires the admin fix. Open the command prompt, right-click and run as admin - type: net user administrator /active:yes
    This activates on next boot...

peate likes this.