DSP - EQ and Bass

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by prosci, Dec 13, 2009.

1. prosci

prosci New Member

Hey,

Really happy about the Kx drivers but there is one thing I've problem to fix... I've searched on the net about how to change bass etc. and found a few things about adding "timbre" plugins and connect them just like the "10 band EQ". Doesn't work for me.

What I want is to be able to change EQ for the games I'm playing (works well).. and at the same time change the bass and treble. Would be happy if someone can tell me how to, not really good in these kinds of things with connecting plugins etc.

2. WxMan1

WxMan1 Active Member

Not really clear on what you're asking.

Why can't you create EQ profiles custom for the different games as appropriate. Then prior to launching the game, open up the DSP and select the specific EQ profile for the game you want to play.

If you need to get fancier with surround effects, you'll have to configure seperate DSPs for particular games. Same concept though.

Just make sure you set up a decent "default" profile / DSP to revert back to when you're done gaming.

3. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

place a (one) "timbre" plugin after your eq. (eq & filter)

4. prosci

prosci New Member

Sorry for late answer,

What i basically mean is that when i try to use "timbre" and change the bass to 0% and treble to 100% i don't hear any difference than as it is with 50 bass and 50 treble.

That probably means i connect the timbre effect wrong.. And i just wanted to state that i want to adjust the bass meanwhile i'm using Equalizer.

Stylus: I tried to put one timbre after my eq.. can you send a picture of what you mean beacuse it didnt work?

5. stylus02

stylus02 New Member

6. prosci

prosci New Member

It worked, thanks alot stylus. The case was that my default DSP didn't look like yours at all, so i removed everything and did like you did and also changed something in the "Src" to FxBus.

I know a few that got frustrated of how to do this, so lets hope this can help others aswell.

7. tim687

tim687 New Member

Can you please reupload the screen shot, i have the same problem