DTS and DD Decoding support

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by offspringer, Dec 28, 2010.

1. offspringer

offspringer New Member

Hello guys, after reading some threads in this forum I realized I wasn't the only one with problems decoding digital audio and after many different tries (including a SO fresh install) still haven't found the solution (if there's any).

First of all, I have a:
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows Vista Home Premium x86
    SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-e 1x SB0880
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00441102&REV_03

The main reason I bought this card was for decoding digital audio from my Xbox 360 and outputting to computer 5.1 speakers.

Already tried daniel_k's support pack, youpax drivers, official drivers, old dell driver's trick, etc. And none of them helped me out. Also had DTS and DDL Connect Packs installed. After all, my control panel does NOT look like this: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/331/screenshot830201095955p.jpg

I don't have the Decoder tab and the fields in SPDIF I/O are greyed out. All I have is the Encoder tab (isn't what I need).

In this thread (http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-d...gital-creative-x-fi-titanium-win-7-x64-2.html) Robert states you need the drive bay in order to get the fields available in SPDIF I/O tab. Does the same rule apply to decode tab?

Does my card support a drive bay? I can't find this information in Creative's crappy website.

If does, which drive bay? The one from fatal1ty series or the one from pci x-fi series?

I'm really frustrated with this crappy card. Please, help me to figure this out.

Regards,
    Roger

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi Roger welcome Yes you do need I/O Drive bay if you want SPDIF to Decoded it I don't own Titanium card so I don't know I'm sure there something know about the card if can go with I/O Drive bay.