DTS Connect (Motherboard vs X-fi) ?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by figo123, Jul 14, 2013.

1. figo123

figo123 New Member

Hello guys, do you know what DTS Connect method would be best for CPU Performance?

I could enable DTS Connect on Motherboard or I can enable it using an X-Fi Card.

Thanks!!

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

DTS connected is the best way to go.

3. figo123

figo123 New Member

Thanks Robert, but what I mean is that, what DTS Connect method (onboard-motherboard audio vs X-Fi) would be better for CPU performance, less CPU usage?

Thanks!

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

No clue Like I said You may have get sometype decoder box I have old creative dts decoder box that why I don't need decoder on my system :).

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

from my experience..... neither is better or worse..

the tech is implemented in a manner that isn't "hardware" on either.. it's cpu/software based, and frankly, it doesn't appear to even take up a fraction of a percent of CPU power to do it.

I've been using dts connect/Dolby Digital LIVE! on machines for a few years now..... no decernable problem anywhere at all. Personally though, i'd stick to the motherboard solution as it's just one less unnecessary device in the machine (get rid of the sound card, it's obsolete now)....

The best solution is physical HDMI connection and running LPCM audio through it.... if you have audio equipment that support and HDMI input, just put it into the HDMI out on the board or video card and then set your channels.

6. figo123

figo123 New Member

Thanks Judas, I will get rid of the card and when I replace my receiver I will setup the HDMI audio like you said, thanks for your tips!