DVD playback very very slow with Omega 4.7

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Planet, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Cubeikon

Cubeikon New Member

....push....I think we MUST stay here until the Bug has been fixed :D

Its really annoying to use those old drivers based on the 4.5 ;-(

cya

2. polarbear

polarbear New Member

maybe now the 4.9s are out??

has anyone tried them?

pb

3. Cubeikon

Cubeikon New Member

Notebookforums.com.............a User tried it, it even doesnt works....

cya

4. Planet

Planet New Member

I tried the official 4.9's as well. Don't work, even with WMP10. Seems worse than before: my laptop hangs and I have to switch it off.

I didn't install anything except the drivers (e.g., I didn't install the CCC). I don't know what half the stuff is.

Doom III runs much better though. I bought a stand-alone DVD player for my TV so I can keep the new drivers.

5. Pring4

Pring4 New Member

I too have a standalone DVD player, but it really is unacceptable that ATI has let this bug go on as long as it has.

6. noelhustler

noelhustler New Member

same problem on my machine

Just thought I'd add that I get exactly the same problem on my Dell Inspiron with Radeon 9000M.
    Anybody found a solution yet?

7. rescuecheck

rescuecheck New Member

I agree, it is total B.S. that ATI has let this problem go so far. This problem came about with the Catalyst 4.6 version. ATI should have fixed the problem in the 4.7/4.8/and 4.9 version. Will the Catalyst 5.0 finally fix this problem?

I have a Hypersonic GX7 with a MR9700 256MB, same deal as all CLEVO's with the buggy DVD/Video playback.

When I go back to the Catalyst 4.5's or Omega 2.5.44's.....problem magically disappears.

I am not pleased with ATI's performance. Now I understand why they leave it to the notebook manufacturer to provide support.....so ATI can wash its hands and leave it to the notebook manufacturer to unscrew the problem.

ATI needs to address this problem soon.

8. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

I have a weird problem with POWER - DVD.

this has been happning for ages but it use to not be there so im unshure if its a Driver or Powerdvd problem.

playing DVD`s from my DVDROM is great rewind and forward works OK

now here is the problem playing a DVD from the HDD when i play the DVD with powerDVD and press forward for some reason the movie jumps forward in time 10 minutes sometimes 30 minutes and so forth and i have to rewind back to the start lol
    this happens to freeze the program slightly for 3 seconds infact freeze my system for 3 seconds lol

dont know why this happens...

and also in powerDVD why does the Hardware ACC feature not work properly ????? the option is there and when you select it nothing happens hehe.

9. se99paj

se99paj New Member

I know this is a really old post, but I just wanted to bring it up again as I have just done a clean reinstall of my laptop and I wanted to get the best fix possible as I have exactly the same problem on my laptop (Clevo D500P)

I am trying to have a look on other forums but this has been the only one that got close to a solution.

10. rescuecheck

rescuecheck New Member

There was a Bios update that fixed my video playback problem. The Bios update originated from Sager Notebooks, eventhough my laptop is a Hypersonic GX7. I noticed Sager removed the Bios download link from their support website and now says to call tech support with warranty number information.

Assuming that your Clevo laptop is identical to a Hypersonic GX7 or Sager NP4790, you should have BIOS Version 1.10 installed.

11. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

I'd imagine later driver revisions fixed that... its been a while since 4.7

12. Pring4

Pring4 New Member

Yeah it has been fixed since later revisions. I remember I reverted back to old ones which fixed the problem. One or two versions later, the problem was gone.