eax presets gone from newer creative drivers why?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, Apr 11, 2004.

1. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

there were some good presets they had like lite eax effects, normal eax effects to add more realism in games and stuff but they took it out a few months ago, why? creative does stupid stuff like this and ruins their products they took off cmss on sblive it was wicked when they had it

2. blown503

blown503 New Member

I was wondering the same thing. It makes me wonder what really is going on. They will tell you that you have to buy a eax 5 card to get them to work again!

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

yep… disabling previous working features so the user will be a "better" card… when the "better" card really has no difference…
    Live! - Audigy… they changed the main chip 10k1 to 10k2… no real difference in audio quality as they used the same ac97 and i2s codecs
    audigy - audigy 2… kept the same chip, added a 24/96 chip which bypasses all the fx processing of the 10k2 chip and claimed full 24/96 support…
    creative bullshit

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i literally really saw very little diff between live 5.1 and audigy 1, i only bought audigy 1 cause i wanted 5.1 dolby surround. audigy 2 has impressed me because the drivers were better and sound was marginally better than live-audigy.

they say it causes issues but i want to know why they got rid of innocent EAX presets

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i mailed them let's see

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

doubt you'll get anything.. because i've sent e-mails about this crap a few years ago with my Sblive cards..... what they usually do is release a new set.... and disable alot of features.... release a new card... then tell you to buy the new one....

7. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Hmm....I still seem to have all those EAX effects listed in my surround mixer. When I went to Creative, it said I have the latest drivers. :hmm:

One thing I DON'T have installed though is the Playcenter 3, I hated it, so I didn't put it in. That's the only place I ever saw an option for CMSS. I run just a 2.1 setup anyway, so CMSS won't do anything for me.......but the EAX stuff IS there through the surround mixer. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you guys mean exactly.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  8. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

phone call theyll answer though

thats interesting what uhave rayder

9. Kalisto

Kalisto New Member

I WAnt EAX back...:dead:

10. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

its really stupid and i emailed them no reply as usual! god

11. f0rbez

f0rbez New Member

Dont you love when you email a company for tech support or questions and they give you totally irrelevant information? At least when your on the phone you can yell at the guy for being an idiot!

12. mike2h

mike2h New Member

you guys are right. i just installed newest vers. & my fav setting eax lite is gone. along with all the others. i think blown503 & judas have the right idea. wished their was something we could do about it. but to have any effect would mean that creative would have to give a shit. think i will call anyway.

13. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

maybe we should get more ppl together? more ppl together creates more force on them

14. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it's been somewhat delt with in the same fashion a few years ago.. alot of people were building up to attack creative for there idiotsy.... didn't work to well.. but then again... it was an extreme amount of people.... Looks like you'll have to get an Audigy 3

15. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

quality is great on the card, but unlike ATI and nVidia they keep lot of their features locked.

they concentrate too much on the GUI of their software rather than unlocking all these great features they are very capable of.

need to clean up their driver package and UI, and put MORE features.

16. mike2h

mike2h New Member

i want the presets, but not that much. got audigy2 in both machines & can not see any reason to upgrade in the near future. definetly will not be 'forced' into it. which means i will not be upgading for a long time.
    :annoyed:

17. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

did you try my drivers?

they give a good boost in quality

18. mike2h

mike2h New Member

your drivers?

19. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i mean my drivers guide, it's posted as a stick in the audio forum here, but no extra EAX presets

20. rico01

rico01 Audio Junkie

The EAX game presets were never meant to be used... in games. Sounds screwy, I know. The reason was that the games take over the EAX and override the currently preset and apply their own depending on the game if EAX was enabled in-game.

I myself became a bit confused as well when I found out that some of the reverb presets were gone in the new driver package when I had the Audigy1 card. I did however learn to live with it as I began to really fiddle and playing with the different options and settings in the EAX console and found that I loved doing so. Also, the results were often better than the old presets. You can also save custom settings which is great.

I now have an Audigy2 card with the Audigy2 ZS drivers and apps installed and I couldn't be happier with it.

// Rico