Echo on mic input - help!!

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by PurpleMoose, Mar 24, 2009.

1. PurpleMoose

PurpleMoose New Member

I had a perfectly good DSP layout which I had saved and always use as my gaming default. It was very simple and allowed me to hear my voice in the headset in addition to the normal stereo sound from the online game. When I updated the kX driver, something "broke" the connection between MX6 and k2lt and I don't remember what that was. All I recall is that there were only 4 connections between MX6 and k2lt. When I reconnected it, it put the extra lines in and now my voice sounds echo-ey in the headset. (There are no reverb fx are in there at all.)

Hopefully this link to the layout works and someone can help me find a clue.

Picasa Web Albums - Purple Moose - Tech Stuff

Thanks!

2. LyyNx

LyyNx New Member

the first Out pair of MX6 is the master output. second pair is Record output. the last two pairs are 'sends'. you can disconnect the last two pairs. also disconnect the second pair from "Out 2" from k2lt if you're not using spdif.

if after doing so you loose sound, change the k2lt 'out 1' to "Rear out"

should be ok after that

3. PurpleMoose

PurpleMoose New Member

Thanks! That's got it knocked. Back to simple and it works. Just got all buggered up with those extra sends. What would they be used for?? I only a a 5.1 system which is usually connected as a headphone only system for gaming.

4. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Basically - the send in MX6/8 are a way to split a channels audio to another output. Unlike the REC switch and the REC output, a send allows you to adjust how much is 'sent' to that corresponding output (Send 1 >> Send 1 Output; Send 1 >> Send 1 Output).

Hover over controls and plugins pins for their lables, and are clues to their function.