Editing OGM & MKV files

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by e v o, Feb 11, 2005.

1. e v o

e v o New Member

trying to get the 2nd audio stream as the default when opened for playing. I would also like to know how to make the subtitles show when opening as well. I have to switch to the 2nd audio stream and then add the subtitles. I have a lot of these files as well, so a quick painless way to do this would be great. I've fooled around with vdubmod, and ive found a way to do this, but it is too time consuming. Does anyone know a way to do this quickly? I can arrange the audio streams fine, but i cant find a place to save the file again without encoding it again. As you can tell, i am pretty new to this stuff

Ben

2. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

try using media player classic, i belive it has default properties or a choice to choose those options.

also for subtitles theirs two differnt apps you can use. but those are only for playback of subtitles, not editing or saving.

in order to do anything to a file you have to re encode it, so you cant just cahnge things unless its the options on the media player, which media player classic gives you that advantage.

(you may find a link to that in "usefull utilities" the sticky in this topic.