Electric Guitar Multieffects

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by ROBSCIX, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Whoa man, that looks awsome..seriously very very nice work. You pretty much got it exactly the idea I was thinking about. I am amazed how far it has come from just us talking back and fourth about it to that pic..cool, and it works great. I will see what I can do with the app and let you know. Again man you should pat yourself on the back, very functional and now very cool looking aswell. IS this your first full blown skinned effect Ruus?-this is your masterpiece? I don't know about the other guys but I appreciate and use it..thats for sure..

3. ReWired

ReWired New Member

looks very nice :)
    but will this size be the latest? i mean - for some old-fashioned guys (like me) using 800x600 resolution, this size is a little bit bigger...

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the latest. The size is not much different from that of the previous picture. It is 3 pixels thinner, and only 1 pixel taller (427x611). It is fairly large, but I did mention previously that it might be a problem for 800x600 users, and noone said anything about it. I will see if a can shave a few more pixels off here or there...

5. ReWired

ReWired New Member

the problem is not so big anyway

6. Tiger M

Tiger M kX user

Looks pretty good! Is it ready?

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Can't wait either, I am glad KX is advacing for the musicians that use KX DSP as an effects processor. Russ's plugin extend that ability by alot especially when used for guitar..

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I added the 3538i skinned version to the download page for testing.

I had to rewrite some of the code to work with the new controls (as well as create the new controls themselves), so there may be some minor bugs. I tested it out myself, but it is possible I may have missed something, so let me know if there are any problems.

Some notes:

The control used to display the text, works similair to a standard edit control. It is limited to 14 characters. By default it is "Insert" mode. Toggle this mode using the "Insert" key. Use the "Escape" key to undo changes. Changing the focus to another control, or using the "Enter" key commits the changes.

The blue area's (with the recticles) are used for swapping slots. Drag the crosshairs from one blue area to another blue area to swap slots.

The reset button, resets the slot ordering (and bypass status) to the default, but not the slot text/names (as with the non-skinned version). I have not yet added a method to reset the slot names (other than doing so manually).

The red rocker switches are used for bypassing a slot, etc.

There are still some minor things that I will probably add/change (.i.e. a way to reset the slot text/names (I may add a context menu for this)... Also, I am considering adding lower case letters to the control used to display the text) before the final release, but I wanted to test out the other stuff first.

-Russ

9. Tiger M

Tiger M kX user

Will test it ASAP and report. This plugin might have great use for me.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Yeah this plugin has great uses for guys with electric guitars, Russ and I were disscussing other possible uses for it. WHen viewing the plugin strictly as a signal router then it is possible to see other uses for it. I am glad more people are realizing the uses of this great module..

11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks Tiger.

12. Tiger M

Tiger M kX user

I don't have time to really test it right now, but my first impressions are very good. The only thing that I find a bit annoying is that the dialog window is too big when viewed at 1024x768.

Great work!

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I am busy myself, so I understand. Thanks for trying it out. You think it is too big, even at 1024x768? One thing I have been considering is to reduce he number of slots to six. That would reduce the overall height. When I have been using it, I have not really needed seven, but it does allow for alternate configurations (under the same DSP config), so I was hoping for feedback from other people (who have tried this plugin), as to how many slots they typically use, or might use, etc.

BTW: I will be away for a few days, so I will probably not be able to respond to any feedback during that time.

14. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I myself prefer the generic GUI in the version I have - not that the GUI looks bad, it looks great - but for real estate puposes - I like having smaller GUIs - just my personal taste/opinion/reason to hate me.. :D - Im ALWAYS doing more than 1 thing at atime it seems.

I only use 4 slots - but, that dont mean Im saying get rid of the 7th tho - I may want it some time.

15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback Maddogg. I was planning on keeping the non-skinned version around as well. As for the number of slots, that is the same thing I was thinking. I am not using them all at the moment, but that could change (and if I had a 10k2 based card, and thus more resources available, I would probably use more). Maybe, at some point (when I am finished with this version, and have the time), I will create an alternate skin that takes up less space (for those people that prefer the skinned look, but also want the extra room). I don't know, I am just thinking out loud here.

16. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Doh... I forgot to say kudos to the nice work - btw...

If your going crazy bored - maybe a version thats skinned with only 5 ot 6 slots.

Im just thinking aloud too.. lol

I LOVE that word.... 'SLOTS'...

ah hem... nevermind.... my brain was roaming to a different forum.

Oh - and I just got your MIXY4X2 - great job on that too.
    I like being able to lable the channels. All mixers in KX DSP should have that ability.

17. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

Can we Dload this yet?

Toad

18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

The skinned version is only available for 3538i at the moment, and it still needs to be tested, but you can download it if you want. The non-skinned version is available for 3537, 3538h, and 3538i.

19. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks Maddogg :)
    That is a definate possibility...
    lol http://www.driverheaven.net/images/smilies/big%20grin.gif

That one is not mine, it is townkat's.

20. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Oh my appologies - Kudos townkat.