Empire Earth 2 Demo Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by No_Style, Feb 26, 2005.

1. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Tried, liked it. But I'm feeling it's going to be too epic for me. I'm more of the faster paced Warcraft 3 style, but this is pretty good. I did like the whole epic concept of the original EE. I hope they do the WW2 and modern combat well. I would like to do some skirmishes with that.

2. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

Not sure what features the demo has (I will soon, gana download it tonight) But in EE1 when you host a MP game you have an option to turn the game speed up to very fast. A regular speed game usuallly takes 6-8 hours. yawn, but with the very fast setting it's pretty hard to keep up with. The AI chop, mine and farm like mad, though. A plus given their large IQs (not) LOL!
    It's release date has been pushed up to April. At least that's what I heard last.

3. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

ok played the demo, wish i could of gone higher on the epochs,(demos) but i'm even more excited about it now. cool. ;)

4. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

I have to agree, was an awesome demo. I've been playing EE:Gold the last few days and this is a HUGE improvement over it's predecessor, hands down.

5. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

Downloaded it and played it very briefly. I think that, unforunately, this game will suffer from the same problems as the Empire Earth -- too many unit types, too many resources, too much stuff. It gets very difficult to manage. I'm not convinced that this game will be any different, unforunately. But that being said, I will give it a try. I'll give any RTS a try. ;)

No_Style, have you played Empires: Dawn of the Modern World? It was developed by the developers of the original EE and is significantly more stream-lined and --if you ask me-- enjoyable. Think EE but better. ;)

Also, have you tried Dawn of War? That game is, hands-down, the best RTS to come out since StarCraft. The battles are fast, furious, and intense. Rarely will a battle last for longer than 30 minutes. If you haven't tried it, you really ought to.

6. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

That's what I like about it. I don't think the units are any different from EE1, if you're familiar with that one. Better but about the same amount of them (alot).

I get board with doing the same thing all the time. I think It's nice to have different things to do during a game (like naval attacks, air strikes, bot wars, tanks, cannons, and so on). After I get up into modern epochs, I don't even make infantry anymore, just the big boys. Usually we play on islands so the only way to attack is by boat, sub, plain or robot, LOL. Let's you get yourself together before you attack.

I like the challenge of RTS games, there alot to handle but once you figure out what does what, you're in good shape. They usually have good tutorials to show you what does what, but remembering it all is a different story.

EE1 was awsome in MP (LANs that is). I've stayed up till Dawn many of nights playing it with my friends. RTS are vey time consuming. Try playing with some friends, games are always better with friends. I'll have to give those others a try too. I think you'll like this one. I sure do. :taste:

7. Vasot

Vasot Banned

I like it

The graphics seems nice and it has both Historical and Fantasy Units :)

Empire Earth 1 was very nice and these seems even more better
    Especially the battles are Great

8. sopp

sopp New Member

i tried.. but i keep crash in the demo.. maybe it don't like my shuttle sn95g5v2..
    i saw some people post issue with nforce 3/4 chipset.. i hope the gold version won't have same problem

9. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

Nvidia might have a new driver to correct it. I've heard about some other people crashing. I think it requires ALOT of PC, LOL! Alot of stuff goin on with pretty good graphics.

10. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

yeah i dled it an played some but i just was never into those games cause it takes like at least an hour to complete a skirmish. waste of my time. even though i play WoW at least 5 hours a day :rolleyes: