EVANESCENCE - what happened?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Mistake, don't tell them to do that, what a terrible thought. What would be the point in college, or bars, or... the library. Not so much to a married sap like me, but to the rest of the single male sex.... you have done your people a great disservice Allan, many shames upon you...:hmm:

2. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

i couldnt agree more the music industry is what it is there are good song writers and good singers if amy doesnt write her own material she can still sing in a way that opens me to
    the previously unseen. she is dvey good at what she does and as far as only likeing girls
    until you know them... exactly but still i think singer can perform that it doesnt matter who wrote the song but the emotion behind it. think about how many people have
    become famous for performing other people's work. not only song writers but play writers and authors and who have given their works to the public. A book is just a book until it becomes a play then everyone knows
    SFOSOK i really do respect the fact that you need to know that the artist is real. when you hear a evanescence song now how will you will you feel

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Well you have a point, but balance it this way.

a: less sex

b: 4 years of american chicks with tats and attitude whinging and crying about men being bastards and how they are going to "kick their ass" in one way or another.

ok, after much thought you win, at least we give them something to write about, and we dont even buy their records just download em !! :evil:

**zardon would like to state that in no way does he or driver heaven condone the illegal downloading of mp3's which costs the artist another ferrari or house in the bahamas.

4. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The second we start buying their music, the second we have to listen to their nagging, and we know that ain't going to happen.:w00t:

(crap my wife was looking over my shoulder... "I didn't mean it honey, its just guy talk... I know he's a bad influence... I know I spend too mcuh time... I know... I'm sorry hun... ok, I'll log off"

5. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

HAHAHAHA zardon you and i know the exact same women Uncanny SFOSOK thoughts?

for a viking god you sure are... oh whatever love is love right

6. mtsaint

mtsaint New Member

im going do dissapeer into mainstream culture fcor awhile its so lonely here thats why i
    enjoy the i drink and have girlfriends who love me for it but secretly wish for a better life

7. Kombatant

Kombatant Active Member

I love Lithium from their latest album. Don't know if it'll grow on me, but so far I'd say that it's not up there with Fallen.

8. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Well truthfully she never really looked to into it. I knew it always felt kinda linear and never liked them for that. But now I know. I think Christinia Scabia is a lot better looking than Amy. Amy needs makeup and without it she looks pretty bad now adays. Lacuna Coil could be so much of a better band if they shot the male singer! He ruins the vocals with his nasty italian accent. It cause he doesn't sing but like talks with that nasty voice.

Its the same things some brainless bafoon who is good at the guitar but has absolutely no originality gets Joe Satriani to right his music for him. It makes no sense cause its not yours. The point of a band is so everyone can bring something to the table to create beautiful music. If they don't bring whats expected of them (aka vocal talent and Lyrics for the singer) then I view their music as a defective product.

9. Markius

Markius New Member

i liked the first CD, ill go get the 2nd one

i should do down the CD store and see if they have it yet...

10. LuCifer

LuCifer DH sig maker!

I think its because they sucked ass??

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

powerful female vocalists and the music industry....
    Amy is up there with the best, but she has a long way to go....
    As for me, I am convinced she is worthy of a second look.
    nice butt too...
    but I am purely interested in the talent ya know...
    yep thats me....Mister talent..

12. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

i don't find her that good looking, when she loads up on make up she looks ok. rest of the time she looks dirty on interviews, too emo for me. i don't mind their music, didn't hear the new one but lot of people don't like them in general.

13. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

lol....i don't listen to music cuz the singer is hot...but that may just be me [and anyone else who listened to 80's "hair bands" at any point in their life :rofl:]

Falstaff likes this.
  14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I would agree..
    but her lips could take the chrome off of my trailer hitch anyday..:lol:

15. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Oh my! :eek:

16. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Well Ididn't read the whole thread.....but I guess i'm the only one who thought the band sucks....and I always had them pegged for a fad band then they would die off like most others......so i really could care less.:D