Everything about R300...

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by T2k, May 8, 2002.

1. T2k

T2k Guest

Re:

Parhelia? Funny! :D

I expect Parhelia will be very far from R300 or even NV30 at that time. Really... :p

2. T2k

T2k Guest

DIII on R300!

Now we can more sure about R300:

"ATI chosen to power DOOM IIIâ„¢ for E3 2002

ATI's ultra- high-end, next-generation chip provides best performance and visual quality for running DOOM IIIâ„¢ at E3 2002

Friday May 24, 2002

E3 2002, Los Angeles, CA - May 24, 2002 - Id Softwareâ„¢ has chosen ATI's next generation graphics architecture as the platform for previewing their unbelievably realistic and much anticipated DOOM IIIâ„¢ at this year's E3 Expo.

ATI's chip was chosen because it offers the most advanced, high-performance graphics architecture to power the demonstration at E3 2002. DOOM IIIâ„¢, scheduled for release in 2003, has been highly anticipated both as an unbelievable game and as a true measure of today - and tomorrow's - graphics architectures. Also highly anticipated, ATI's next generation product, scheduled for release this fall, will cement ATI firmly as a leader in the ultra-high-end 3D and gaming graphics market.

"ATI's next generation hardware has an ideal feature set for the DOOM IIIâ„¢ engine, and at the moment is the fastest platform to run the game on," said John Carmack, Chief Technical Officer & co-founder of Id Software, Inc.

"We want users to be blown away by their gaming experience," said Rick Bergman, Senior Vice President, Marketing and General Manager, Desktop, ATI Technologies Inc. "Our next-generation product will move gamers a quantum leap forward in realistic and immersive gaming. Gamer's won't just play DOOM IIIâ„¢ with ATI's next generation hardware - they'll live it."

:D:D:D

Source:
    ATI

3. forgiven

forgiven New Member

Excellent

4. Loov

Loov New Member

Cant wait
    Looks like ATI has a really god card comming this fall

5. Billy

Billy Guest

yeah its gonna even kick the new matrox card ass !

6. T2k

T2k Guest

R300 and RV250 news update!

[/b]Club3D interview

Quoted from sales manager of Club3D:

""(...)
    Reactor Critical: In fact, ATI Technologies is a main rival for NVidia. Their GPUs have good performance and even better than NVidia according to some test results. What do you think about it and what products of ATI will be offered with Club 3D on computer market?

Janita Willems: New solutions powered by ATI, such as the RV250 and the R300 will be announced during Computex 2002. Mass production is expected in August 2002, R300 will be announced a week after RV250. The RV250 GPU features integrated Hardware MPEG in the chip and also VIVO functionality will be implemented. R300 is expected to have three times higher performance compared to the competitors.

Yesss! :D

7. forgiven

forgiven New Member

I love your rig...but how do you fit 2X 21"ers on a desk???

8. T2k

T2k Guest

:D

Thanks! :D
    There are 2 front speakers too and also my phone and plenty of CDs... I have a really big desk! :D :D

9. T2k

T2k Guest

Whhhoooaa!

Another Carmack interview on MSNBC dated today:

Doom III is very much hardware driven, and one of the controversies of this year’s E3 was that the game was demonstrated on the latest ATI graphics card rather than a card from NVidia.
    “NVidia has been stellar in terms of driver quality and support and doing all of the things right,†says Carmack, who has been an outspoken evangelist for NVidia’s GeForce technology. “For the past few years, they have been able to consistently outplay ATI on every front. The problem is that they are about one-half step out of synch with the hardware generation because they did Xbox instead of focusing everything on their next board. So they are a little bit behind ATI.â€
    “I told everyone that I was going to demonstrate Doom III on the best hardware, and there has been no collusion or kickbacks or anything like that going on. Our objective is the technical merit.â€
    “The new ATI card was clearly superior. I don’t want to ding NVidia for anything because NVidia has done everything they possibly could; but in every test we ran, ATI was faster.â€

WTF! :D:D:D

10. EnDlEsS

EnDlEsS New Member

R300:

300 MHz (0.15um ver), 350-400 MHz (0.13um ver) Core Clock
    8 Rendering Pipelines, 4 TMUs each
    4 Vertex Shader (2.0)
    4 Pixel Shader (2.0)
    2 Turform units
    1 Displacement Mapping unit
    iDCT 2 (Mpeg 4 playback)
    Smoothvision 2 (Fully programmable)
    128 bit Dual Channel Mem interface
    AGP 8X
    512 bit

11. icy

icy New Member

it sounds like it will be a nvidia killer card.... go go go ATI ! :D

12. russian

russian New Member

Re: R300:

Are you sure that it will have 4!!! pixel and 4!!! vertex shaders, if so, where did you get that information.

13. T2k

T2k Guest

Re: R300:

And what will feed these guys? :uhoh: :rolleyes: :eek:

14. EnDlEsS

EnDlEsS New Member

The number of Vertex and Pixel Sharder pipelines are just an estimated number, while the other info are copy from an internal road map in ATi~~!

The Parhelia 512 is already have 4 Vertex Shader, and the NV30 is also rumored to have 3 VS, so I think 4 Vertex Shader is understandable..

While the Current Radeon 8500, 4 pipelines and 2 Pixel Shader, if you double up the pipelines base on the R200 tech, you will need 4 pixel pipelines...

15. Angel

Angel New Member

16. Candyman

Candyman [DH] Lover!

Re:

I think that the shipping version will look very different. First off...there is no Rage Theatre chip on that card.... :confused:

I guess we will have to wait and see....

17. russian

russian New Member

Maybe it was an RV250

18. T2k

T2k Guest

Re:

That was my first reaction too: where is Rage chip? If not exist, why is that TVout? :)

19. T2k

T2k Guest

Is there new Hyper Z?

If Anand's article was right 22.4GB/s + Hyper Z III = ? :D

20. forgiven

forgiven New Member

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing that is running the transmeta type cpu in my head is the tech that 3dfx was going to release with Nvidia's ability to deliver. Could be a VERY COOL FALL. Hopefully ATI will try to price clobber Nvidia...good for everyone then. 8500's will be around 75 bucks then...lol.