experiences with cat 5.3 and latest omegas

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by moroga, Mar 17, 2005.

1. moroga

moroga New Member

hi

i wanna know which experiences you´ve made with the latest omegas on top of the cat 5.3 ??
    performance and stability
    does it make any real sence to install the new cat´s ?? standalone or with the omegas ??

moroga

2. serverlag

serverlag New Member

latest omegas are for 5.1 cats at the moment, so you'll have to choose between 5.3 cats and the best omegas available , which are the 4.12 for me personally...

3. moroga

moroga New Member

so u mean i can´t get any performance boost when i install cat 5.3, unistall the control center and install the omegas on top ??

4. serverlag

serverlag New Member

not really, nay.
    Omegas are always based on a particular cat set. Iirc they will overwrite the original cats, so if you had 5.3 cats installed, omega will go on top of that leaving you with nothing but omega (based on up to Cat 5.1).

5. moroga

moroga New Member

ok i understand

and what might be the best solution in your opinion ??
    cat 5.3 or latest omegas for best performance ??

6. serverlag

serverlag New Member

well, for me omegas 4.12 work very well, and they seem to be the fastest yet. However, the latest cats have a couple more bugfixes for games incorporated, so if you play some of those games affected, I'd go with the 5.3.
    I never tried Omegas 5.1s, which surely are not bad as well, just a bit slower than the 4.12s...

7. mario620

mario620 New Member

Omega's best set is version 4.12. Go with thoses. The 5.1 omega's or ati's cats, 5.2 ati cats, and 5.3 ati cats are not as fast as omega's 4.12 on my comp. As always use driver cleaner after u uninstall a set.

8. Sanafabich

Sanafabich BANNED

I was playing K.O.T.O.R.2 and when installed catalyst 5.3, I got a major crash in one part of the game (korriban), and there was no way to get past that part. SO I just re-installed the latest omega driver. I'm sure there's some kind of bug in the latest catalyst

9. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I second this. I just installed CAT 5.3's and felt a huge drop in framerate. (look nicer.. better color and IQ..but..) I used to be running 4.12b's.. Amost tempted to put them back in now. :(