F---ing Square Enix

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Duranix, May 18, 2005.

1. Duranix

Duranix New Member

well, the worst has happened for all chrono trigger fans.

square enix went and licked camel balls and sent a C&D letter to my project, CTRP.

we were recreating Chrono trigger into 3d, using the ut2k4 engine, when we just received a C&D letter.

heres our site:

www.chrono-trigger.com

heres out forums

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Spectral_Wars_Gaya/index.php?act=idx

the forums still work, the website doesnt

well, they went and fucked their dads didnt they? im not saying they fucked their mothers, just their fathers. they got their fathers shoved up their ass, and they went paroxymal and ended up with some chalk in their brain.

heres the C&D letter.

*EDIT* Well, i had to remove the C&D letter because it had our leaders address on it. heres a better C&D letter without his address on it (blacked out)

Page 1: http://img278.echo.cx/img278/1176/candd4xy.jpg
    Page 2: http://img278.echo.cx/img278/8066/candd22td.jpg

i dont think i can put this into mere words.

here, let me help you.

[​IMG]

wait. let me emphasize a bit for you.

[​IMG]

yeah square enix. im telling you that you suck on a fucking camels arse

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  2. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

Normally I'd agree with you about the suckage(though they have VERY VALID reasons for doing that which I can explain later) but the chrono trigger franchise has NOT died and they are likely looking at a remake. How would it look if they had competition? Whats more, what if the competition was better than them? Huh? HUH?!

Lemme ask you something, do you know anything about kleenex? Yes this is related to the subject. Anyway kleenex is a brand, not a product, but everyone started calling those little tissues kleenex, and eventually it was declared some common language crap thing and Kleenex brand lost their copywrites and trademarks on that name and everything related to that name. dead serious. The same thing can happen elsewhere. Micky Mouse anyone? ANYONE can make a micky mouse cartoon now. Its the equivilent to open source!

The same can happen with anything, INCLUDING Chrono Trigger.

Now I know you're down man, and I was excited about your project. I thought it was quite an awesome venture, but Square isnt being evil...they're just protecting their business.

3. Lakevren

Lakevren MedicalEntropy

You know...

Some people can avoid that C&D crap...

By simply renaming it.

Yes... renaming it.

Don't even mention the word "Chrono Trigger"

You know how some mods (like Star Wars mods from UT2k4 and BF1942) happen? They don't hint anything about the words "Star Wars".

Of course, I could be wrong. But try it anyways.

4. Duranix

Duranix New Member

we were thinking about renaming everything, but we decided not to test our luck.

yeah, buisness could go down if they had competition, but just think. They havnt even started a new game yet. Chrono break was just a rumour, which spreaded like rats ass, and they dropped all copyrights that they have of it.

5. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

you guys should have been more secretive. Just go with it and then when you have something...release it. It'll spread like wildfire and even if you guys shut yourselves down, they couldnt stop the mod. It would be too late.

6. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

That sucks...but I'm not surprised.

Remember the Doom project that was porting it over to the Doom 3 Engine?.....
    ....yea

And Kleenex still has a copyright on the term Gemini...there can be no other product called Kleenex....BUT...they can't sue people for using the term. Same as mickey mouse, there can't be another character called that, however, anyone has the right to sue that one character. "Coke" is the same way, as are "Cheetohs", I believe.