Facebook Acquires The Order: 1886 Developer Ready at Dawn

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

Developer Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886, Lone Echo) has been acquired by Facebook. The studio will now operate under Facebook's Oculus Studios banner, where it will continue to develop "VR content for gamers."

"Nearly 17 years ago, we embarked on a journey to build a game studio," wrote Ready at Dawn co-founder Ru Weerasuriya on Twitter. "Along the way, we innovated on genres, experiences, games and platforms. Today, we’re excited to join the Facebook family as we open a new chapter in our story and continue to pursue our passions."

According to an Oculus blog post, Ready at Dawn caught the attention of Facebook with its 2017 VR hit Lone Echo and its "signature zero-g continuous locomotion system and full-body IK (inverse kinematics)," which Oculus says "re-wrote the playbook for VR movement mechanics."

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Good game, I am planning on finishing it this year. Shame they got under the heels of Facebook.

3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I was really looking forward to the Order it sounded like a game I would really enjoy but it just failed across the board

Actually I lie the story was great and the weapons and setting was gorgeous but the execution was so poor, Levels with only 1 way through then, large battle area with the same 2 or 3 cover spots no space to improvise, then continue on only path available and have another fight, loooooooong cutscenes

And that letterbox thing they did on release and then tried to fix such a small visible screen area even on a 50" tv .. they shot themselves in the foot

never finished the game and thats rare for me

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Well, what can I say, I liked the game. I don't want every shooter to be an open world or wide open multiple paths maps. Some times I want a polished shooter I can go from point A to point B and enjoy the show. This is what I expected, this is what I got from it. I haven't finished it either, but for a different reason. I plan on finishing it this year though.

Mr Cairo likes this.