Fail to delete some registry keys

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by pierrep, Sep 28, 2007.

1. pierrep

pierrep New Member

Hi, I have run Driver Cleaner.net yesterday for the first time, having a "Access denied" message when trying to re-install a ATI Radeaon X600 driver in Lenovo Z60m with XP Pro. Problems begun after I made a bios upgrade.... New bios was installed OK, I had a driver update after that and the update failed. Now I only have the "VGA save" default driver. I run Driver Cleaner following the instructions (safe mode..) but some keys cannot be deleted from regystry: it says:
    Exception: ThrowSecurityException
    Error: Requested registry access is not allowed.
    The keys are:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies Inc.
    Extra: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\Ati HotKey Poller
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\System\ati2mtag
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\System\Ati HotKey Poller
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Eventlog\System\ati2mtag
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\System\Ati HotKey Poller
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Eventlog\System\ati2mtag
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER

I try to install the Driver anyway... but I still the "Access denied" error. What can I do ?
    Thanks for the help

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

those keys are normal that they can't be deleted. That is not a problem. Can you give me the full error you get when you install a new driver?