Failed on Mobility Radeon HD 2400 - Win 7 64x - Driver V9.11 - Moder V1.2.1.0

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by Hamy, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Hamy

Hamy New Member

[SOLVED] Failed on Mobility Radeon HD 2400 - Win 7 64x - Driver V9.11 -Moder V1.2.1.0

Hey all. I'm using the modified driver in xp x64 for months now although the driver is not the latest version anymore but i haven't faced with any problem. last night i installed win 7 Ultimate x64 and then i downloaded the latest version of the ATI driver and i tried to mod that with your modder. everything was fine and the driver and crystal report was working flawlessly until i decided to reboot the system, after that i lost the VGA output completely. the win 7 startup logo showed up and after that the screen went to black. the OS was working but just without any vga output. first i thought maybe its because of lack of the digital signature in the driver so i tried to disable enforcing digital signature with F8 when the windows was booting but it didn't solve the problem. i was able to go to the safe mode though and i managed to restore the system. the windows is working again now but if i install the driver, I'm pretty sure that'll happen again :(
    any idea whats wrong?

PS: i didn't change any settings when i was modding, i just browsed for the right location hit the mod button.

Cheers
    Hamy

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

my experience with Win7 is limited but I have a lot of experience with vista and xp(virtually the same but look different)

To me it sounds like Win7 isnt workinf well with the mod, i'm out on a limb here but thats what is sounds like, it wouldnt be the first time, ive heard a few issues here and there mainly with drivers and win7

so try everything without the mod meanwhile lets here what others say on the issue

3. gerddernamenlose

gerddernamenlose New Member

AW: Failed on Mobility Radeon HD 2400 - Win 7 64x - Driver V9.11 - Moder V1.2.1.0

hey,
    i have exactly the same problem as you but with Win 7 32bit and a HD 2600. I also used the version 9.11 of the driver, after reboot black screen but system works (heard Welcome Sound). It seems to me that there is an issue with the modded driver (9.11). I also tried the driver on Win XP, same problem there (black screen). Used version 9.7 before (worked fine). Hope that this problem will be fixed soon.

regards,
    Gerd

4. jasqid

jasqid New Member

I havent been on this board in a while but I purchased a Studio XPS with the HD 4670 Mobility... Searched about the drivers and was lead back here to read about the Mobility Modder. From what I have read so far, there are many people having issue since 11-23 with the modder not working since the 9.9 update.

From the sounds of it, it appears ATI has modified their packages to obstruct the mobility modder from working. (?)

5. F'lar

F'lar New Member

Hi!

I have same problems with my Toshiba A-210 laptop (Radeon HD 2600).
    This is because system incorrectly recognizes monitor and thinks it is a simple VGA. Because of this refresh rate is crazy (200 or something like this).
    I managed to change the refresh rate to 60 and everything work, but when some game need to change resolution it fails.

I remember couple of years ago same problem was with my PC's ATI 9600. I used ATI Tray Tools to manually lock refresh rates. I wonder if something like this exists for Win7.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. iPlayer

iPlayer Filled with noobsauce

Have you tried with the beta version of ATT?

ATi TRAY TOOLS by Ray Adams

7. F'lar

F'lar New Member

Windows 7 refuses to install ATT correctly because they install driver without digital signature. It looks like digital signature for drivers is necessary now. :mad:

8. F'lar

F'lar New Member

It seems that with release of 9.12 drivers this problem is gone.

9. Hamy

Hamy New Member

Yes. I can also confirm that this problem has gone in ATI v9.12. thank you all for your help.