Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by OmegaRED, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I plan on avoiding finishing the storyline for as much as possible.

My main weapons are

Hunting Rifle for long range shooting. Chinese Assault Rifle for medium range. Combat Shotgun for anything close enough to smell. As a sidearm I have a laser pistol, plus a 10mm silenced pistol for when I need to be stealth. For melee I got a powerfist. I don't plan on using it unless I can't avoid it.

I have a couple of backup guns of the same type if I ever need to urgently repair my weapon(s). Also carry few frag grenades and considering buying a missile launcher.

I have a laser rifle but I am not sure when I will use it. Not much powerful, but I will keep it for now.

I still wish there was an option for auto pause when under attack by enemy.

2. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

My weapons:
    melee: shishkebab (funny name, but a cool weapon)
    close range: modified 10mm SMG (quest item) or combat shotgun
    medium range: chinese assault gun
    long range: sniper rifle or missile launcher

I mostly try to use the sniper rifle, but it gets worn down pretty fast and the ammo is rare to find.

3. pigdog

pigdog New Member

My setup exactly. The Shishhebab is devastating. I'm now doing nearly all my kills with it. Lovin it:w00t:

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

ok i've physically removed my Windows hard disk to stop me playing this game

i need to do homework!

but as for the weapons i tend to use alot are:

short range:
    combat shotgun

short-med range:
    assault rifle, plasma rifle, 10mm smg (Depending on my mood)

long range:
    sniper rifle, scoped magnum (this thing packs quite a punch over a long distance)

though i'm at the point in the story line where my "friend's" laser mini-gun will tend to take care of any threats...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  5. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

you can kinda pause the game, just press tab to go to your 'wristwatch'.

I think the game is great, but I have a hard time getting ammo, if you don't want to buy it..

6. Trusteft

I was thinking of something similar to KOTOR or to be in the theme, Fallout 1+2. When the enemy approaches you very close, auto pause/auto VATS. The TAB or SPACE (I use space for VATS) is ok, but it doesn't automaticaly work as I would like it to.

It would just give the game this extra push to reach the hights of Fallout 1+2.
    One of the best thing of the previous games was that you could both enjoy worldwide destruction and be relaxed not having to worry that by the time you scratch your feet or something, you will get mauled by hidden/whatever enemy.

As for ammo, first of all, don't sell any ammo you find, it doesn't count for weight so... As for where to get it, abandoned tunnels, stores, underground facilities, have lots of it, just don't forget to search cabinets, deskts, boxes, etc.

7. phantommenace2

phantommenace2 hexa-core gamer

the perception increase makes it so that enemies will appear sooner on your radar...I like it but it's not that big of a deal

as far as wepons I love the 'Ripper' melee weapon...shreds even the toughest enemies to pieces really quickly...I also like the Hunting Rifle and sawed-off shotgun...I also built myself a BottleCap Grenade (I think that's the name but I'm not sure) at one of those work benches...the thing causes massage carnage, I think its damage is 356...even higher then the Fat Boy with mini-nuke

8. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Red dots on the radar can be really handy sometimes. I've seen npc's coming towards me and have not been able to tell if they are good or evil until it's all a bit late lol.

So the better the perception the better.

9. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

What strength does most people start with ?
    So far I start with 5 for strongback and got +1 from a bobblehead thingie.

10. Trusteft

I don't remember fallout 1, but from fallout 2 and fallout 3, I get strength 5. It feels good enough for me.

11. phantommenace2

had to deal with my first group of hitmen that were sent after me...those guys were tough...4 of them...killed 2 of them and the other 2 disappeared...got some nice Talon combat armor out of it :)

also got a copy of the contract off of one of the hitmen

[​IMG]

12. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

if anyone is board they should check out Old Olney in the northwest corner of the map. And see if you can kill everything and still make it out alive :)

13. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

hehe deathclaw hunt - pretty difficult, but each one gives you a deathclaw hand, i wonder if there's someone around who'll pay a heap for them....

btw has anyone noticed the laser pistol sounds like the attack of the hydralisks in starcraft?

as for strength, i kept it at 5 - same with all fallout games, never did much hand-to-hand, focused on perception and intelligence

14. phantommenace2

anyone been building any homemade weapons?...to build them you need to gather the required items and go to any workbench to build it...the homemade weapons are nice in that they are usually much more powerful then your standard issue weapons

so far I've built a BottleCap mine and I just received the schematics to build a Shiskabab weapon

15. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

A hint: some of the quests are bugged. If you don't speak with the NPCs in the correct order, some of the quests cannot be completed. Example: Tenpenny tower, ghouls want into the tower, speak to Tenpenny first and to the residents later. (sorry for the spoiler)

My last save is three hours back, and I don't know should I continue or revert to the old savegame. Probably revert, cause the game rocks :D

I just checked, I got 37 ingame hours. I'm a freak.

16. phantommenace2

during the 'Blood Ties' quest I was given an option to learn the ways of the vampire...I accepted and was given a Bonus perk plus hopefully some cool vampire quests down the road :)

[​IMG]

17. Trusteft

I left the search for the father on hold, so I never looked for him outside of Megaton. Unfortunately ?, on my way to another settlement and with strong curiosity about a nearby building, I immediately completed that quest, can't remember the name now and was basicaly "told" exactly where to go. I hope I didn't miss too much of the storyline because of this.

18. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

will check it out tonight. I'll use all my saved up mines if i have to make it out alive :bleh:

19. Razgriz

Razgriz Intelligence?

Came across an interesting npc named Dogmeat last night. very, very hand and makes The Capitol Wastelands a lot less dreary.

20. phantommenace2

I also just located Dogmeat...apparently he was a character in the original Fallout games and Bethesda included him in this game as well (although you have to do some exploring to locate him)...Dogmeat is a dog who you can have be your traveling companion throughout the game (sort of like the dog in the movie 'I Am Legend')...he is pretty useful as well, as you can have him locate ammo/weapons/meds, attack enemies, stay out of the way etc

he was most useful to me in distracting/attacking enemies so I could get an advantage...he also detected enemies by barking much earlier then my radar picked them up...Dogmeat was a very nice touch...unfortunately I underestimated his strength and he was killed by some Mirelurks :(

I've also become addicted to a drug (Buffer pills) even though I only took like 3-4 pills...I found 3 Bobbleheads so far as well (Lockpick, Medicine, Science)...I really like the 'Ripper' melee weapon...cuts enemies up pretty easily...only bad thing is that it seems to break down more often

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]