Fan control????

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Flexkill, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Is there a way to run the fan @ 100% for X1950XT card with registry tweak??? If so let me in on it please. I want to run just CCC for now and don't want to use a 3'rd party software to just turn the fan up! [​IMG]

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  2. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

Why? Just wait for the card to stress and it will throttle the fan up.

3. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

Nope....these thing run waaay to hot for that....i ordered a Zalman so nevermind:w00t:

4. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

I have an XTX and it idles in the lower 70s C. But i haven't had any crashes playing games or stress testing. I don't know what the confort zone is for a x1950xtx.
    My previous x800xtpe was watercooled, but i don't feel like taking apart the 1950 right now, so only my cpu is watercooled now.
    Let me know the results when you get the new cooler...

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

The latest build of RivaTuner will let you control the fan speeds. ATI Tray Tools will allow for it as well, but RivaTuner allows you to control multiple cards seperately which ATT can't do.

@CJLMTLCA, the X1950 series of cards have their temp to fan ratios set too low. In the case of my X1950 Pros the fans are at 50% right up until the temps hit 75C (by then the system has locked up hard), and then it only increases by a few % for every 5C after that. So, for 100% fan speed I'd need to have the card reach 100C.

6. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Does rabit support the x1950xt?

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Rabit 2.2 (which you can get faster from HERE, or from Eugenes main page HERE) does support the X1950 Pro, which 2.1 didn't (one little note though: it sees the card, but sees it as being part of the X1650 family.. this isn't a problem though cuz it sees everything else right. It's just the title that it is misreading). I have to assume that it "should" at least support the X1950XTs now too. Only problem is that ATI Tray Tools doesn't support bios dumping of R5xx based boards such as the X1950 series, so you will need to dump the bios using the latest version of ATITool (ver 0.26) first.

Honestly though, I'm damn scared to fool around with flashing the board atm, even though it's the only sure fire way to fix this stupid HIS GPU clock, and fan/temp screwup withouth having to underclock the card everytime I go to play a game. I'm just worried all hell will break lose.. again.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
    ronnn likes this.
  8. ronnn

ronnn New Member

rabit, using atiflash worked very well with my x1900gt. Just changed fan speeds in the bios, nothing else that I can see.

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  9. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

you can also do overclocking with ATI Tool, or ati tray tools

10. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Installing ATI Tool works for this purpose because you can set it then never have to run the tool as long as the ATITool driver remains installed, and it doesn't mess with the CCC or anything.