Far Cry 3 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jun 7, 2011.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Ubisoft officially announces Far Cry 3, saying the first-person shooter sequel first confirmed in November 2009 is coming to Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 next year. This game has many parents, as word is it is in development at Ubisoft Montréal with the support of Ubisoft Shanghai and Massive Entertainment. There are some images from the game on the Far Cry 3 Website, and here's a bit on what to expect:
    With Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I didn't like FC1, I liked a lot FC2, I am excited with the FC3 since it seems to follow FC2 more. BUT, please please please please, stop with the nonsense spawning of troops at checkpoints every few minutes. PLEASE.

3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I went the other way i preferred FC1 over FC2 but 3 sounds like a mix of both back to the Island but having some choices in what u do ... could be great

4. Trusteft

Yes, from the sound of it, it could be great. At least it sounds like they are not going to eh, lewd on the license like they are going to do with BiA.

5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I never played FC1 but knew it was highly regarded and from the team that went on to develop Crysis. There was a lot of hype about FC2 being a Crysis killer so I did play it.

Well, it wasn't a patch on Crysis. The supposed open world felt quite small. Environments were sparse. Graphics nowhere near Crysis. Game mechanics were bad with that malaria nonsense. AI sucked with constantly respawning homicidal maniacs at every corner.

Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull!

They can keep FC3.

6. Simmie

Simmie New Member

i only played farcry2 coz people said it was fun. Average Fps really

7. Trusteft

8. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Environments look awesome!

9. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Graphically it's not that impressive - good yeah but nothing special. In fact I would say not as good as Crysis and that's nearly 5 years old. I expect that's the console version so time will tell if there gonna make any effort for the PC version or just port it over.

Characters look decent though, I already wanna drive my knee hard into mohawk's nutsack.

10. Trusteft

Graphics wise the most impressive for me was the AK (I think it was an AK) and the explosion on the "bridge". Just awesome IMO.

Hopefully by next year Ubi will have dropped completely their stupid DRM and I will get it for the PC, else, PS3!