Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Vikingod, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Anyone plan on picking this up? I'm excited, I love all the other far cry games. Its probably my favorite FPS series.

It's available for pre-load on uPlay, at least for me in the US.

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I have ot on order with Amazon part 3 was my game of the year and this looks more of teh same

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I pre-Ordered it on Uplay a few months ago.. I just got my email yesterday to inform me that it is now available to pre-download ready for Tuesdays release..

Looks awesome in general. FC3 were excellent so I expect more of the same perhaps.

4. Vikingod

My uPlay account is Vikingod1982. Feel free to add me and we can play some coop

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am going to wait till I have a PS4 to get this. It is looking really good.

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm actually eager to get on to something other than the Assassins Creed series. ;) Even my daughter-in-law declared that FarCry 3 was her favorite all-time video game. (At least up that that point, anyway. :) ) I, too, felt it was far and away above the previous iterations.

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Far Cry 3 was very well done. I liked Far Cry 2 a lot, but FC3 left that miles behind.
    If FC4 manages to get as good, I will be satisfied.

8. MIG-31

For me far cry 3 is what far cry 2 tried to be. And fc2 is among the very few games I have never completed.

Mainly because it were to confusing on how the next stage were to open up.

9. Dyre Straits

This has been one of the complaints I've had with the AC series. There are map points showing places that you cannot get to until you complete some other task and it's not too clear on just what that task is.

10. Vikingod

Anyone playing it? Is it any good.

I hear there are issues with mouse acceleration. Hope not, there is nothing worse than shoddy controls.

11. MIG-31

I have only had chance to play for around 20-30 mins. The action so far is not to high set as it is early days yet.

the controls are a little different to FC3 so they need a little altering to get them to the preference I require . They have set "Throw" as the default to press the mouse wheel, I have remapped that as it is to easy to switch weapon instead of throw an item.

My mouse DPI needs altering a little as for me the movement is quite good but not quite fast enough, Ok while in stealth mode, but if you are spotted and confronted reactions are little off.

Any how after watching every video when they were released over the past months it sure looked good.. But now in actual gameplay, Stunning.

Vikingod likes this.
  12. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Picked my Limited Edition up today for the PC (along with Dragon Age: Inquisitor Deluxe Edition). Probably won't play it for a bit... not until I at least finish FC3.

Vikingod likes this.
  13. Dyre Straits

HUH? You never finished FC3??? ( j/k, but, man, that's sad. ;) )

14. Vikingod

I played about an hour last night. I'm impressed. The game feels great, as did fc3. A little tweaking of the mouse helped.

The characters are infinetly more likeable than the last game, even if the story is sort of meh.

Its beautiful too, really something to look at. The place feels huge. Sort of like how I felt diving into Skyrim for the first time.

Performance is fine maxed on my machine, but I'm getting quite a bit of studdering traveling in vehicles. Hopefully there is a fix on the way.

15. MIG-31

I get the stuttering also.

16. Vikingod

17. Dyre Straits

Installing the game now. About half way through Disc 2.

EDIT/UPDATE: I've now been at it about an hour and a half or so.

I'm seeing some screen tearing....even though I have V-Sync ON. (However, I've read that AMD cards aren't that dependable in actually succeeding with V-Sync.)

I've also noticed some of that "stuttering" mentioned and some "rubberbanding" with some of the NPCs. Example: Overlooking a group of baddies they can warp 10-15 feet away from where they were last seen. That's a bit challenging if you're aiming at them to shoot them.

Otherwise, it brings back some fond memories of FC3. Take out the towers, reveal the map, use the zip line....etc., etc.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  18. Dyre Straits

I've now been playing and am close to 20% into the game. AND, during the last two sessions, Uplay is acting weird. If I open Uplay and then select to play the game, I get the notice to Agree to the Terms in order to INSTALL the game. The game is already installed, I have saved games being synchronized, etc, etc.

If, however, I start the game FIRST from the Desktop Shortcut, it then opens Uplay and commences to play. But, even then, I may have to try it a couple of times in order to succeed.

19. MIG-31

The wing suit that in the game is around 25000 to buy, but it's well worth it.

I have taken control of 12/24 bell towers so far (I have one command base) close buy but I can not find a easy way to get to another bell tower, right on top of a peak in the north west. Looks as though I need the Gyrocopter to get to it, but there are not that many around.

20. Dyre Straits

I have the wing suit and have made good use of it so far.

I'm only about 20% as for progress so far and wonder how I can even be that far along with so much more of the map yet to be revealed. I just did my first mission for Mr. Chiffon the fashion designer and have ridden a few elephants, too. In fact, I used an elephant to thwart an attack on the nearby base. I just rode roughshod over the enemies while shooting from the hip, too. That got me a very high XP for that one. :)