FarCry Fans! ALERT!!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 20, 2007.

1. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

It just figures that I learn about this the day before my history report is due..

and I haven't even read a single word of the book it's on :duh:

Far Cry is installed, and the file is on my desktop.. but do I install it? It sure is tempting..

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Just double click it and let it install, it wont overwrite anything. you just get another application in the start menu/desktop. You won't lose farcry. easy as that !

3. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

By saying that last part, I meant that if I install it, I won't be able to do my history report :p

4. HardwareHeaven

lol, yeah I misread that. well its your call, but I think you might be best doing your history report for now ;) the game will still be on your desktop in a couple of days, right?

5. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

That's true..

But it's there right now :lol: Oh well, guess I better get a start on this report

6. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

If you want the full experience, play Matto3 first. The ending is really cool and will set the stage for the beginning of Matto4.

7. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

May be just a touch offtopic.(and i don't want to take this thread off the main topic) i just want to know if somebody else has the same problem

Both this mod or the original far cry game don't detect my Logitech MX Revolution mouse.

The mouse works fine going through the in game options.As soon as i start the actual game i don't have any mouse response.i have not played far cry since i upgraded to this mouse.

Any other MX Revolution users have this problem?

PS: I don't have any other problem with any other game i have..

8. e!i

e!i New Member

^^Lol.

9. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

This happened to some upon adding the latest patch. You should be able to clear this by going to the controls screen and checking the defaults box. You will have to reset your keybinds, but the mouse should then work.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Hey has anyone else gotten to the point where they got the Steyr?

It has a bug, it will not let you go to zoom, no matter what- then it gets stuck in "zoom" if you go to binoculars and back (at least it did for me). It was strange.. After that happened I could not use my mouse wheel to adjust zoom level of binocs.. it would just minimize binocs and change weapons. Something is screwed up there- I had to start from a previous save just to get back to normal, but I still could not use that gun. I have "zoom toggle" set to my mouse 2 button. I tried setting just "zoom" to a different button, and it still won't work. Nothing I have tried has worked to get that gun to zoom.

Can someone confirm this when they get to that gun?

BTW, this is a DAMN FUN mod... been playing for hours. Hopefully I am not almost done.. as soon as I am I( will be getting that other ver3 and play through that though.. These levels are really nice.

Anyway about that gun.. I checked in the folder: G:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Crytek\Far Cry\Mods\Matto4\Objects\Weapons\Steyr and the only thing I see weird is a 0kb dds file that won;t open and that was created at a different time than all the other files in there- It is called "hand-hero.dds" I see a thumbnail with my DDS thumbnail viewer, but cannot open it. Strange. Can someone go there and see if they have that file and if it is the same? Thanks..

I have some more screens.... will post later. Funny thing is I was looking for a good HL2 single player mod just last week, but it looked like a huge pain with all the different versions of the SMOD tactical files, so I never installed the stuff I downloaded. This Matto mod is exactly what I was looking fr.. great find. Almost better than HL2 Episode one. Seems to be longer anyway.

11. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

MIG-31: Someone else on another forum complained about losing the mouse in this game. In their case, installing the 1.4 patch took care of it. If you already have the 1.4 patch, maybe doing what Dowaco mentioned will correct it. Good luck!

I have to write this because many of you won't believe this. It's really weird, too.

I haven't actually played FC since I finished it back in 2004! I got busy with betatesting other games as well as just playing other games. Additionally, I got tapped to work with a developer to make the addon for Deep Space Nine: The Fallen and that took us 2 1/2 years to finish.

Now I have to tell you a little secret of mine about the way I do new Windows Installations when getting newer, bigger HDDs. ;) Usually, I'll just install the new HD and then install Windows on that one without touching the 'old' system drive. This way, I have acces to all my previous documents and other data which I then copy over to, if I want to, the new HD and then discard or simply use the 'old' one for storage.

Well, somehow, during the past nearly three years, I've made a full circle. :) When I installed Far Cry again for this new mod, I went to create a new Profile and, Lo! and Behold! there was my old profile with ALL my saved games from 2004!!! I couldn't believe it! I'm talking May, 2004 for many of them.

I have a plaque hung in my office that tells the tale:

"Neat people never make the exciting kinds of discoveries I do." :) ;) :D

12. Dyre Straits

I saw a X64 mod and was wondering if it would work on my system. From what you posted, it will. I'll have to check it out. Anything I should know before I do?

13. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

According to the FAQ on the Matto website this problem is caused by the 1.4 patch itself...

It is easy, just download and run the installer :) It works flawlessly on my system - 1280x1024, ultra details and the game is running smoothly most of the time (without antialiasing, of course). The first difference I noticed was increased amount of insects and frogs :lol:

14. Dyre Straits

I think we're talking about two different A64 Mod/Updates. The one I saw says it's meant only for those running Windows XP 64 BIT OS. I'm not, I'm using XP PRO 32 BIT.

So, direct me to where I can find such a beast. ;)

15. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

16. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

The AMD 64-bit patch is for 64-bit operating systems only. It adds some new content and improves textures at high resolution. It is the equivalent of having the game patched to 1.32 so you will not be able to play online, only single player. You cannot then add 32-bit patches (like 1.4)...

The 64 to 32 bit conversion allows users with 32-bit operating systems to experience the new content. I think you need to add two files to the FCdata folder. I guess the above link does that. What that means is that you will be unable to go online since you will have an altered FCdata folder.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  17. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The note that Dowaco mentioned worked fine...... by the way i had used the patch previously (after a format of windows) a couple of times in the past..I never had that problem previously.

I've been meaning to leave a little thanks but i have had limited internet access over the last 36 hours.

18. HardwareHeaven

Roughly translated to mean "ive been playing the game since I got it working and forgot" :p

19. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

Right im about to try this out. i have a few questions...

im running winxp pro x32.

can someone point me in the right direction so i can add the x64 patches to the x32 farcry then i can use the 1.4 update then install motto 3 and 4 then do some tweaks,,,

any suggestions what tweaks to use, im running on a 8800GTX, would be cool to get AA + HDR aswell.

20. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

hmm i just tryed matto 3 and weird i cant use my mouse ingame :( cant look about just static.. the buttons on the mouse work but i cant look about !!!