Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift!! splr

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by LuCifer, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I'd rather shoot myself mate :D

I'm with Lucifer :D

2. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

It has to do with taste Sandok, I don't know if you'll ever understand American taste especially in cars. Thing is its wrong to do that to a beautiful car like that. TRuthfully I hate Ford with all my heart because they use crappy parts in their newer cars but when it comes to classics there are things you are allowed and not allowed to do to it. I don't expect you to understand as it is an American thing.

3. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

Yeah,there isn't anything wrong with japanese technology. It just doesn't have a place in a '60s muscle car.

Those cars were all about BRUTE FORCE, generated by LOTS of cubic inches, burning a lot of $.30 per gallon 100+ Octane leaded gas. If you have ever stood beside a 400+ cube V-8 with a 3/4 race cam and open pipes going gruummmpp, grummmpp....gruummmpp, grummmpp, you'd understand It's enough to give any red-blooded aAmerican male 'wood' :D

It would be like stuffing a 440 Hemi into a Mazda RX8. Some things are just 'wrong'.

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I have no love for a car that's just nice sounding and all... A muscle car for me, is imho, really a horrible excuse to slam a V8 onto any chassis and make her go fast in a straight line. Living in the US, I don't understand how people can buy HALF the cars I saw on the road. It was just lame (to my eyes of course) and I guess the diffrence in culture makes me not understand your love for bad but gorgeous muscle cars (I do admit that it's a purty car).

It's mesured in cubic centimeters (from bikes to cars). I'm sorry but I'd WAY prefer to hear the harsh and gorgeous Straight Six of a BMW M3 CSL or the GORGEOUS V8 of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage than some slow grump of an american muscle car. :duh:

Tis culture difference. You will always love the car industry of your country! I have no car industry for my country so mouha!

5. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

guys...i8'm gunna hafta start closing ALL the car threads if you keep this up.

Though shalt not be automotively racist :lol:

Although a high pressure small displacement motor in a muscle car is kinda odd....engine bay looks way empty :rofl:

6. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Touche my good man! :D

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

PJ, not being car racist... Tis a debate but yeah, I see your point... I dunno how many car threads I've seen die and be closed (even by me) :rofl:

8. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

OMG! you just can't do that to ANY American classic car! It's just wrong :(.

who is CO? :lol:

@ PJ: these car threads are always being fought about because of Sandok. he always brings up his extremely european biased opinions and doesn't take into consideration the good points of American style. that being Amercian is performance, then luxury. whereas European style is luxury, then performance.

9. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Too true ^^^ :lol:

10. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i beleive i tried pointing that out several times now.

11. CDsDontBurn

whenever there's a car thread, and Sandok is in it, it NEEDS to be pointed out a minimum of one (1) time per thread :rofl:

12. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

i don't care who it is.....i don't really even care if he likes Ford Falcon's with purple shag carpet interior and electric golf cart motors in them.

Leave each other alone, and if we can't NICELY debate/talk about/admire automobiles, then let's just not do it at all, shall we? I'll admit to going at it about them from time to time, yes, but I'm not going to be doing it anymore either...and well, if anyone else does, I'm pulling rank and it won't be pretty :evil:

now, about this movie??? No paul walker, i hope?

13. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Party pooper! Hmmmph...

14. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Well I'm sure Sandok can downtalk American cars for the rest of his life but I also know that the smug cloud over him will slowly get larger and larger as he smells his own farts : )

15. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

Well now, let's not be too harsh with SANDOK. He's a product of his time and culture.

I was a teenager in the '60s, and the muscle cars were what we lusted for then. But, my first car was a '58 Triumph TR-3 that had seen better days, as it had been raced in SCCA. The wiring was trashed, as it had an engne compartment fire at one time, so I had to 'hot wire' it all the time to start it. The transmission had missing teeth on two gears, and had been modified so that it had no reverse. I paid the 'princely sum' of $50.00 for it, and then spent another $75.00 on a used TR-3B transmission. It was the exact opposite of a muscle car, but I had a great time with it, and learned how to get the most out of the itty bitty 4 banger that it had. The 3B transmission had 'overdrive' in 2nd-4th gears giving an effective 7 speed transmission, so you could keep the engine in the narrow power band that it had. Sure was fun in the twistys, and there wasn't a muscle car made that could keep up with it on that type of road. But, on any sort of straight section I was toast :D

Remember, cars are like wimmins...some is built for comfort, some is built for speed, and some is built for recreation. Once you learn to appreciate each for their merits, life can be really good :)

16. CDsDontBurn

so......how's them dodgers? :uhoh:

17. CDsDontBurn

anyways......about the movie.....i've heard it's pretty good.

but, i'm hearing that from the people who liked the first one and hated the second.....i didn't like the first one, but liked the second one :bleh:......so i dunno.

IMO, i'll wait until it's on video, and go rent it before i watch it w/my own money.....if somebody invites me to go watch it, that's a different story :p

18. Drakon

Drakon New Member

I didn't like any of them...

19. CDsDontBurn

i didn't like the first one because it had no movie content in it at all. all it was about, wast just showing off the cars that were in it.

the second one i liked more than the 1st one because it at least had a story line of some kind :lol: :p

20. LuCifer

LuCifer DH sig maker!

lol The second was LAME.. the first.. was t3h rawKzor....... is it because they dont have RX-8's?!! CAR RACIST!!!

LMFAO! :D