Favorite Pizza Delivery?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 26, 2007.

?

Which Pizza Delivery Do You Prefer?

1. Pizza Hut

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Domino's

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Papa John's

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Other

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Here in the USA, the three top Pizza Companies are: Pizza Hut; Domino's; and Papa John's.

Of these, which is the one you are most likely to call when you want pizza delivered?

And, since there are some excellent 'Other' independent companies, I'm including an option for that, too. If you select "Other" please, give the name and what you like about it. If there's an 'independent' company that gets enough "Other" votes, I'll update the poll to reflect that.

At any rate, of the three, I really do like Papa John's. I like that garlic sauce to spread over the pizza and the pizza just gives me the 'real' pizza look and flavor I prefer. Also, Papa John's uses Coca-Cola products. I'm not a big fan of Pepsi -- which Pizza Hut uses.

However, when I lived at another place there was an independent company that beat them all! All-Star Pizza! I think there are very few of these around but don't know for sure if they exist in other areas. But, man, if we lived closer to that place, I wouldn't even bother with any of the 'main three'. :)

So, my own vote has to go to Papa John's for now.

How about you?

AND, if you don't mind, give us your favorite style of pizza and toppings choices.

Thanks!!

2. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Pizza hut. Like the flavor, the base and prefer it to anywhere else. Although they do make nicer pizzas in Napoli. My favorite is vegetarian hot with jalapeno peppers. I'll also take some fresh spices, peppers and tomatoes with me to the restaurant and add to the final product!!! I am one fussy SOB:)

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Up here, Pizza Nova. Super Hawaiian (pineapple, sliced bacon, sliced ham), dash of garlic, thin crust, well done. Yum! Pizza Nova uses sliced toppings instead of chopped, which to me makes all the difference in how it tastes.

<sigh.. makes me regret that I'm having mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and chops for dinner>

BTW, for all you guys buying pizza via credit card... STOP! Working with the bank part time provides me with some very interesting inside information, a piece of which is that pizza joints are high on the list in regards to credit card fraud. For instance, recently up here Pizza Hut fired a half dozen managers and employees in as many stores due to their "double swiping" credit cards, and a few other smaller joints were shut down that were selling off their carbon copies. None of which, btw, was ever publicized, as the banks kept it quiet.

The lesson? Check your statements, ask for the carbon copies, and pay cash whenever ordering delivery.

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

dominos, BBQ sauce. :drool:

5. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I make my own pizzas, never bother with delivery, if I ever get it outside of home, I either eat it in the store, or bring it back to where I'm staying.

For standard pizzas, I tend to load them up with everything, sometimes I'll try different things for a kick. Brocolli/bacon pizza with hot sauce was my last one, that worked out quite well. :)

Is it really worse than other stores, in regards to credit card fraud?

I tend to pay with credit card for most things for the rewards, but I check the charges quite frequently.

6. Dyre Straits

For those who DO use credit cards and will continue to do so: Be ABSOLUTELY sure to fill in the blanks on the credit card slip. I have no personal knowledge of the stores doing this, but, I DO know of some delivery drivers giving themselves $10 tips by filling in the blanks themselves.

NEVER, EVER just sign the slip!!! If you give cash for the tips, write the word CASH in the blank space for the tips. And then make sure you write in the total in the appropriate space for it.

7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Ok, my favorite pizza is Pizza Hut but it's so damn expensive and there's not that many locations so I rarely ever get it delivered.

There's a huge pizza chain in Ontario, Canada called "Pizza Pizza" and that's where I always order from. It's basically the McDonalds of pizza and the quality is hit and miss depending on how liberal they get with the toppings. It's cheap and quick so it's hard to complain.

I tend to put together some odd pizza toppings like BBQ Chicken, Steak strips, hot peppers, red & green peppers and of course Multigrain thick crust just to give the appearance of it being healthy. :D

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Panago Pizza
    Vern's Pizza

Vern's for a REAL pizza and Panago for the more "exotic" pizza..

they both crush the living shit outa anything dominos/pizzahut/etc. could EVER manage to push.

9. Dyre Straits

I'm prone to ordering the Hawaiian Chicken on Original crust. I also like some extra cheese on it.

10. Judas

here where there isn't any dilivery..

i go to my favorite place and order the KING pizza...

more pizza then most people can ever handle

but has:

Bacon/Pepperoni/Salamy/Ham/Occasionally onions, and depending on our moob, pineapples...

11. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

Have you guys had Papa Murphy's Pizza? Not really delivery as you go in and have them make a pizza that you take home and bake. I had some the other day for the first time. It was pretty good. A good idea if you don't live in the city.

12. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

OK, that's it. I'm having pizza tomorrow.

13. thunderclap

thunderclap New Member

I'm in Chicago. Most people here wouldn't be caught dead ordering any of those three. We have so many places that do the uniquely Chicago Deep Dish style of pizza that's who you generally call.

14. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

None of those, my favorite is a local place called Deschners. Two pieces, and I'm stuffed. I love their beer batter dough, and nothing is from cans. All local, and all fresh. They laugh at you if you order extra cheese.

15. Dyre Straits

That sounds like my kind of place. :)

16. Judas

wow... another place that serves identically

17. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

Dominos is decent, and they always have a handful of good deals on. Pizza hut has the greasiest, nastiest crust. For good pizza we usually go to boston pizza, but it's pretty expensive too.

18. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

Vitale's Pizza- nothing better
    Russo's Pizza- close but no Vitale's

Pizza Hut- too greasy but their breadsticks are good
    Domino's- their sauce has no spices. none.
    Papa John's- garlic-flavored fryer oil masquerading as "Garlic Sauce." Will have you getting your arteries roto-rooted quickly.

If you are in an area that has at least a couple locally-owned (not chain) pizza places, give them a try. You will probably never go back to the chain crap again.

19. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

All of those pizza companies are a farce, need a good local pizzeria in every town. None of them hold a candle to some of the privately owned places I have been to.

I will agree that pizza hut has good sticks, and I am sort of a fan of their buttergarlic sauce....however the pizza is too greasy, and fluffy for my tastes.

Dominos - Their pizzas are tiny, the sauces arent good at all.

Papa Johns- tastes amazingly similar to DiGiorno pizzas..but hey they give you a free pepper in the box?

EDIT: Omegared PizzaPizza isnt bad, I have had it a number of times especially good when your drunk and you want food :)

20. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I thought it was a Canadian chain only. Well no wonder it tastes good in New York I bet all the pizza is better there :D