Federal Court & U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheism is Religion

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Altered, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Lead ball00n

Lead ball00n New Member

Oh,and by the way I'm not insulted by The Amazing Atheist,I put him forward as an example of what I witness of what most atheists are like.And he preaches his stuff to make money like some other religious preachers do.

Yes I can call it a stamping of feet,even the great guru of atheism himself Richard Dawkins has admitted on many occasions that more evidence is needed to show absolute empirical evidence of evolution theory.
    Like I say the only honest answer is 'don't know', another answer that Dawkins has admitted too.

John Lennox versus Richard Dawkins debate (full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9t6Fkhu_MA

Richard Dawkins stumped by creationist question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKryi3605g watch his face @0:10,funny.

This is one debate for example,I know it's an hour long but still very interesting. And since atheism does require faith (no conclusive evidence of god or abiogenesis eg) it's a matter of choice,why do you think it has been deemed a religion ?

:uhoh:

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

this is precisely where you fail.. you are over generalizing.. you point the finger at a single individual.. then make the claim that most atheists are like that.

On top of it, you then claim that he's only preaching because he makes money doing it, You might want to check your facts, he didn't start video blogging about some points he has an interest in for the sake of getting money, it's not his fault that he's garnered views, of which you assisted and therefore due to those views being significant enough that he's getting cash back from it, in fact good on him for speaking his mind regardless of I or anyone else sharing/agreeing any or none of what he has to say. That's not his fault, and that is nothing to fault him for.

You really shouldn't be pointing fingers anyways in that manner.

Can you please EXACTLY quote this, with a link to said quote, and in it's full context, cause I've watched my fair share of debates at no point does Richard ever say this in the manner or context that you suggest.

Almost all the questions are worded in a way that require a bit of thought to properly explain, Does dawkins claim to have every answer.. of course not... at least he admits to it rather than making something up entirely on the spot like those of faith have a tendency to do.

So really you aren't providing anything that would be considered fruitful to the point your trying to make that you simply cannot succeed at.

So you might want to stop beating around the bush and focus on the accusation you're trying to make rather than digging stuff that really has nothing to do with it.

You keep using the word faith alongside atheism.... you really do not know what these 2 words mean obviously, i'd suggest for your own sake stop using them, as they are mutually exclusive. And if you don't understand what "mutually exclusive" means... google it.

It hasn't been deemed a religion... just a bunch of religious people think it's a religion.

Bad enough that 2 nights ago I had to listen to a radio Evangelical nutjob spout off for hours about something he knows nothing about that he coined it a religion when it's in fact not, that being atheism and agnosticism.

Please for the sake of yourself and others, stop trying so hard to prove something that is fundamentally not true.

3. Lead ball00n

Lead ball00n New Member

I made my focus,you just want to do what you can to deflect it.

"You keep using the word faith alongside atheism.... you really do not know what these 2 words mean obviously, i'd suggest for your own sake stop using them, as they are mutually exclusive. And if you don't understand what "mutually exclusive" means... google it."

Your not clever at all if you can only point me to google,I know what the word faith means and you need to apply it to be atheist.I will say again there is no absolute empirical evidence of evolution nor empirical evidence for no deity.
    This is a choice you make. How many debates etc,has your god Dawkins made slurring religions,I can't count them.To focus for you again,atheism is just hate,a deep loathing and people like you just make my point for me.

"It hasn't been deemed a religion... just a bunch of religious people think it's a religion."

Your wrong about that ! Atheism is afforded the same first amendment protection as religions,add faith (which you need) to atheism and there you have it,it's a full blown practicing religion,origin of the species as the bible.In fact if anyone was of such a mind there could be a church of atheism with all the tax exemptions that go with it. Dawkins could be the Pastor and he could give tax exempt anti-religion sermons all day !

"Bad enough that 2 nights ago I had to listen to a radio Evangelical nutjob spout off for hours about something he knows nothing about that he coined it a religion when it's in fact not, that being atheism and agnosticism."

What's the point in listening and then moaning about it,why punish yourself ?

"Can you please EXACTLY quote this, with a link to said quote, and in it's full context, cause I've watched my fair share of debates at no point does Richard ever say this in the manner or context that you suggest."

Boring !!!! In fact he must say "I/we don't know" at least 6/7 times in the link I showed you. And he never gave an answer in the second link,he just tried to re-define the question to suit his none answer.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  4. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I will say it again as you seem to have missed it.
    Atheism is not the believe there is no deity. It is the rejection of the belief in a deity. These two definitions might seem similar, they are fundamentally different.
    You are basing your whole argument on atheism being this belief that there is no such thing as a deity for which you rightly say there is no evidence, and must require some degree of faith.
    But this is not atheism. Atheism is the rejection of the belief in a deity. Which means no evidence is needed, it is purely a rejection of faith.

Also, you make a connection between atheists and the evolution theory as if they are inherently linked. They are not.
    You can be an atheist without 'believing' in the evolution, just as 'believing' in evolution doesn't make you an atheist.

You're doing the same thing that you accuse dawkins of. The question was to quote where Richard states that he -has admitted on many occasions that more evidence is needed to show absolute empirical evidence of evolution theory-. Why you bring the evolution theory in this discussion is beyond me, as I explained that atheist and the theory are not linked in any way. But you bringing up the fact he says "I don't know" as if that proves anything, it doesn't. Any good scientist will tell you this phrase on multiple occasions, as there is so much in science that isn't known yet.

Just because an American judge has ruled it a religion, and it has, as you say, first amendment protection as religions, does not make it so. What about all the other countries over the world where it hasn't (justifiably) been deemed a religion... The definition of the beast does not change as you cross country borders.

5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

One thing I keep wondering about.

Why is it so important for you to view atheism as a religion? What do you gain from it? Is it not possible for you to concieve humans without religion?

What is it you're so afraid of?

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

It's nothing more than the pot trying to call the kettle black....