FedEx Delivers Computer Monitors By Throwing Them Over Fences

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Calliers, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

A YouTube member has posted up security surveillance footage taken outside a gated residence showing a FedEx driver throwing a Samsung computer monitor over the gate to deliver it. The 21-second clip, uploaded to YouTube by user goobie55 on Monday night, shows the delivery man taking the package from the back of a FedEx-branded van parked outside of the home's front lawn. The monitor was broken and the customer has to return it and wait for a replacement. Wonder if it will be the same delivery driver!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

3. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Maybe there was a trampoline just off camera?

Maybe not :D

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

awesome...

5. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

6. mac_angel

mac_angel New Member

I've heard a lot about these kind of things happening in the states for shipping. I live in Canada and we get the oposite. Drivers won't ring the doorbell or read the buzz code on the package. I've even had one instance where they didn't even bother to get out of the truck.

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I've had this happen. My understanding is that FedEx has GPS locators in their trucks, to the extent that they can track where a truck has been. I've had a driver pull up to my house, sit there for 1 min, then drive away. Couple days later I got a call saying my package was at such and such depot ready for pickup, meaning the SOB never even attempted to deliver my package.

However, what I found interesting is that the driver in the video delivered the package yet NEVER got a signature, something I thought they could not do unless someone at that address specifically has it on their file that the driver is able to leave the package without a sig. At least that's the way it is with my local FedEx.

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

shit.... here.... even if the signature required from a specific person is signed by someone else 100 miles away.... it's accepted.

The last thing Driverheaven sent me which was that AMD Phenom II kit with the 4870x2... which was supposed to arrive in 2 days didn't receive for nearly 3 weeks and was supposed to be signed by me.. but was signed by joe blow.

FedEx doesn't exist here... nor doe ups or whatever else..

basically limited to purlator and DHL.. but typically they don't often come by...

9. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

im happy the fedex people here have the decency to lower my stuff onto the other side of the fence using large plastic bags...

but i seen that happen with some of my stuff too... fortunately those items were all ones that arent quite fragile...

10. steves6403

steves6403 Active Member

(everybody sing )
    Ain't no fence high enough ain't no bridge long enough

11. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I get the option of UPS when I'm shopping from NCIX, haven't bought anything from Newegg yet as prices are usually lower on NCIX but I've decided I'm going to start buying stuff from Newegg too come this new year.

12. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

i used to buy from NewEgg but NCIX usually is a better option in my opinion. For me at least NCIX has a warehouse in Ontario as well as BC while the Egg still either ships from New Jersey or California so delivery is a slower process

13. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

If people only knew how luggage is treated at airports they would probably stop travelling, or travel lighter. The kind of treatment that monitor go was mild in comparison to what I've seen in such places.

14. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

This.

Part of the reason I stopped carrying any laggage apart from anything I can carry onboard. Last time I didn't, I had my double locked large suitcase, open with broken lock and open zip, with everything just a mess and some dirt in the clothes inside. Heathrow airport. That was..a long time ago.

As for fedex/ups, at least while I was in the UK I never had any issue apart from them always delivering them 1 day late.

In Greece I never had any issue till a couple of weeks ago where I ordered a monitor from Amazon UK and it was sent back for not accepting the package....When eventually it was delivered after I ordered it a second time, I talked to the UPS guys and they told me that it was probably a fuck up by Amazon. It could be either way, no way for me to know.

I think people should be paid higher salaries so that they do not want to lose their jobs if they do something shitty as the one in the video.
    Because, let's face it, work ethics is not going to stop most people from acting like dicks.

15. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I can verify that after working the local airport from 84-97

16. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

17. Tyrsonswood

Actually airline baggage handlers target guitars because you have to sign a waver stating that the airline is not responsible for damages. All their pent up anger gets taken out on your guitar. :wtf: I don't think they allow you to carry them onboard anymore either, even if you buy a "seat" for them...... Basically they want to destroy your guitar at all costs.

18. Trusteft

Actually for that, I don't blame them. :evil:

19. Tyrsonswood

Why? You hate guitars? Or just people in general

20. Trusteft

I have yet to meet a guy in person who takes his guitar on trips and who isn't a jackass and who only does so because he either makes friends easier or gets girls easier. Not for the love of music or anything like it. While I would never do harm to a guitar out of respect to the instrument, I certainly don't care if others do. Target away!