Final verdict Omega 3.6 based drivers?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by BMG_Cya=-, Aug 13, 2003.

1. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

I haven't even tried the new Cat 3.6's much less the Omega's based on them for Win XP. Would like a few opinions
    on how well the newest Omega's stack up against the 2.4.43's (Cat 3.4 based). I tried the Cat 3.5's and the Omegas based on them
    and decided to stick with the 3.4/2.4.43's. So....

Omega's latest compared to Omega's 3.4 based 2.4.43's? Need at least 10 good, seperate opinions.
    If I decide to install the Omega's, I'm going to do a re-format to get a nice clean install...reason I'm asking.

I play mostly D3D games, so Open GL means next to nothing to me. Thanks.:cool:

2. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Last time I installed the Omega's were after a clean install of win XP pro. I used the 9800hack- they work great all the way around. even in openGL- I think they look much better, and with the 9800 hack they are noticeably faster especially when using AA.

My experience anyway.

--edit--- They were the ones based on 3.6 I was talking about--

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  3. cOoLeRgUy

cOoLeRgUy New Member

3.5s are the best IMO.. I prefer performance than quality.. the 3.6 driver sets (both the omega and the standard catalyst) were giving overclocking probs. My 9700 did 420/380 with the 3.5s.. now I can't even go 300 with the 3.6s.. I'm sticking to the the trusty 3.5 for now.. until probably 3.7.

4. IronChisel

IronChisel New Member

I would have to agree. The Omega 3.5's are my driver of choice!:taste:

5. BMG_Cya=-

BMG_Cya=- Banned

NM...waiting on the 3.7's...Omega's. These last two Cat releases have been more about fixing bugs than performnace increases.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  6. cOoLeRgUy

cOoLeRgUy New Member

roger that. I just bought planetside and guess what.. I try to go to a vehicle terminal and bam.. crashed.. i think 3.4s/3.5s are the best ATM.