Finaly a soundless computer! And it only cost me 8$

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by ZzzombieBunny, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

Ive had it with my 8 fan monster of a chassi, it makes such horrible noise thats its almost outbeating my 5:1 surround sound system and has left my left ear (I got the chassi on the left) near deaf.

Being a poor student ive been trying to figure out a cheap way to make the damn thing less noisy and still be able to overclock, so far the best way has been to simply just not turn it on... but that kinda makes it hard to use eh?

Watercooling might be perfect you say? Not if you look at the pricetag and I already bought a motherlode of fans to keep the damn thing cool with overclocking and just to be able to use it during the summer when the temp rises like a pizza in the micro.

So the other day a touch of genious came over me, I ran down to the closest computer shop (or actually the cheapest online shop, im to lazy to be bothered...) and got myself some extension cables for the keyboard, mouse and so on for a total of 8$. I then put Bobo (yes ive named my chassi...) in the closet (its big and roomy, I just need to dust it off once in a while) and now im enjoying a harmonious silent existence as im using my computer.

2. wertret

wertret Still watching...

LOL, you're indeed a genius :D

3. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

what about putting in CDS etc? all you need now is a robotic arm extension, now that would be lazy ;)

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

lazy? lol i know what your thinking u mean crazy. But , then again it'd be a bloody pain to go back and forth to install cd's :duh:

5. scobywhru

scobywhru DriverHeaven Senile Member

or just get a USB CD-Rom or an Enclosure and put the CD-Rom in there

6. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

have good few fans and one is 120mmx120mm and this fan is noiseist,thinking of changing case for new on as the one l have is old and moded full size case and thinking of getting new case that l can have less fans and still have cool case as far as temp.can anyone recommend a case that l can get on this side of the water

7. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

that would be cool it they would just get rid of wires completely and everything would be wireless. I dont think there is enough band frequencies tohugh for nothing to interfere...........is Bobo planning on coming out of the closet any time soon? :lol:

8. kelticknight

getting a antec plusview 1000amg file server.good for the money and plenty of vent,pull out trays for hd's, cd ,dvd drives

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

It costs me $ 0 to reduce the noisy fans on my computer: I just turn off my hearing aids. ;)

10. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

:rofl:

11. kelticknight

l have a 120x120 fan oppsite graphic card on side panel and u can hear it downstairs.l have a full tower,its about 6 years old and looks it .these new tower are great as they are srewless,everything on runners.the new case which l ordered last nite from overclockers is less in hight and deeper ,which is better as there is more room bewteen modo and hardrives

12. kelticknight

plus my wife to be will stop complaining about the noise and she won't have to wear ear muffs

13. kelticknight

on a different note ,getting wed next friday and off to venice for a week.first holiday in 3 years.can't wait.