Firefox Quantum

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I could make a page myself, I'm just lazy. :)

2. clubrope

clubrope Active Member

Firefox Quantum is seriously impressive. Firefox quantum wins on most of the benchmarks and is faster. Moreover, it cares about your privacy with tracking protection even without private browsing.

3. amzoun95

amzoun95 New Member

Hello, I use the version 57 of firefox on several pc (Mint and Debian) and in addition to the fact that some extensions are no longer compatible, I have not seen any of the problems you describe. I think you'd better uninstall it completely and reinstall it (turn config files) If you want to change while keeping the extensions and compatibility of your bookmarks, you can turn to Palemoon which is derived from firefox but lighter. http://www.palemoon.org/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
  4. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

Little bit of an old post and I haven't been on here in a while but I've been using FF for years and it's gotten better with the privacy protection that they've been adding to it to keep sites from tracking everywhere you go like the Facebook container that blocks FB from following you and other ad-ons. Another browser to check out is Epic. It's based off the chromium open sourced browser but it blocks damn near everything, shows you what it's blocking and then allows you to white list sites (like this one) that you visit so you can allow ads on the sites that you choose to. I've also started using Duckduckgo.com for a search engine instead of Google as they are working on privacy as well and have a different ad revenue from it and don't need to track you as you go as well.