Flashplayer 8

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by drivehard454, Feb 3, 2007.

1. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I am on DH at night many times while bored at work(3rd shift). Lately, last two weeks or so, I keep getting the below pop-up and it shuts all the windows down. I am sure it is because that it needs to be updated, but the work computer won't let me due to administrative privilidges. Is there another wway around this problem? I have to constantly reopen DH and it is getting cumbersome.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

3. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I tried to update, but as I stated, this is a computer where I work. I can go on internet and stuff, but cannot update or download without administrative privilidges. I was just wondering if there was a way around that. I had to update at home to and it has never given me any grief after that.

The flash player window only comes up when I click and bring up another page in DH. It only shows up randomly. Sometimes a couple times in a row, sometimes, I can be on half an hour or so before it pops up. I hit continue and I get the "explorer encountered a problem and needs to close, then everything I have open goes bye-bye. Guess I will have to just put up with it. Oh well

Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

can you install anything into your browsers in work? if so try a flash blocker ?

5. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Maxthon for IE has a flash blocker in it.

6. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I can go to manage add-ons and shut flash player dis-able it ,but then none of the pictures show up on DH. That's no fun. I figured it was needed to view or part of DH site.

Will blocking wotk?

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

the reviews all have a "view jpeg" option below them....but yes..DH is highly scripted and killing that does remove some of the fun

That particular error looks liek your active X controller file may have gone belly up, because it seems to be saying flash itself is crashing, or hitting an infinite loop?

8. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I think I will just try and download the update while the leadman is logged on and at a meeting, hehe. That will work for his any how, there are two other systems we techs use though I won't be able to do that with. I use his computer on the weekends.

Any way to detect login passwords? Just kidding, It's not that big of deal really.

9. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

I have been experiencing this same problem on this site with flash player 9 of late. It is getting to the point I am shying away from DH because of it. No other sites are giving me grief and I visit lots of others daily so....

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.5730.11, faulting module flash9b.ocx, version 9.0.28.0, fault address 0x00099589. Version:1.0

Any ideas what may be causing this problem?

10. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

Wow, I only had it happen once on my home computer. I just upgraded to flashplayer 9 and I haven't had a problem since.

I have it happen on all the work computers though, and it is annoying. I just figured it was because they all have version 8.

You say you updated to version 9 and still have the same problem? Have you tried uninstalling it and downloading again?

11. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

Will give it a try! I never had it with flash player 8, just began happening in the last couple of weeks with flash player 9. I will also give clearing my IE cache a try.

12. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Ever since I upgraded to flash 9 -(I think thats when it started) DH has been unbearably slow - even deactivating flash in FF is still slow (it still waits for all the flash to DL before rendering the page) - IE7 (with activex deactivated) is pretty slow still.

So I don't come here so much any more... not really a complaint, just on topic info from my point of view fwiw.

13. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

I know what you mean about slow as well Maddogg6, just assumed it came with all the ads they have here now. Never related it to a browser or flash player.

14. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I am not experiencing any slowness with DH. Sometimes when clicking from page to page in the forum it takes maybe 2-3 seconds to completly load the page to view. Other than that everything loads very fast. I have 6 Meg internet though too. Even here at work the pages load fast. Every so often I have to wait maybe 5 seconds to view, but that is usually when checking out the babe thread:D .

Like I said too, these work comps. have version 8 and I am having trouble. But about 2-3 weeks ago I had it pop up on my home comp and I upgraded to ver.9 and everythings fine there.