For the love of god will someone give me a hand????

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Stoermguardian, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Stoermguardian

Stoermguardian New Member

:evil::x:mad::sigh: Sorry for the negativity but I have been battlling with this
    d#$m Nvida Video Card for 3 weeks now. I have called tech support from
    Nvidia, dell, God and everyone.
    My wife and I love to pay Morrowind Oblivion and since I have installed the card the damn game crashes more and more often. I've updated chipset drivers, motherbord drivers, changed to omega nvidia drivers and I keep getting the blue screen of death saying the card has gone into an infinite loop caused by Ndv4_disp driver. I've replaced the card 3 times and nothing seems to work.
    I have hear it could be the power supply is that possible I've heard yes and no. Can someone email me at removed and let me know how in the hell I can fix this.

Infinite thank you's to anyone who can help.
    Henry

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2008
  2. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

Hey man howzit. I believe you are not supposed to leave your email on threads as this can easily be seen from your profile.

That said please give more details of your problem, for example the crash log what happened when it crashed, what you saw on the screen, before it crashed, blips on the screen.... what card ur using what power supply are you using. Are you using a single core, dual or quad. Windows system vista or xp....

I would suggets you try a benchmarking software which are usually free, to test your refresh rates and resolutions etc

3. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

have you uninstalled the old drivers before you installed the new card and installed the new videodrivers? you should use drivercleaner to make sure you delete everything.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Greetings and welcome to DriverHeaven!

First of all, although I'm not a user of an nVidia video card, I do know that there are multitudes of BOTH nV and ATI video card users plagued by this 'infinite loop' problem.

That said, the cause of this problem has yet to be determined emphatically. Even the people working for these companies are experiencing some of the same problems. The thing is, different people with different systems are experiencing it to varying degrees.

The thing we need for you to do is to list the total system specs of the rig you're gaming on. [BTW, I'm also a BIG Morrowind/Oblivion fan!]

Once we have your system specs, we'll see if we can narrow down the most likely trouble spot.

Cheers!

P.S. If you've subscribed to this thread, you should get an email notification. As mentioned above, it's not a good idea to post email addresses.

5. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Also check that the card is connected properly and that the power supply is providing enough power, i.e. not running anything else on the rail of the graphics card!
    Also like dawgXdenta said list your specs.. for better assistance

6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I don't mean it as an end-all/fix-all thing to do, maybe I shouldn't have recommended it. The uninstall thing of windows is usually sufficent.
    I assumed he bought a new videocard and installed it on his computer with the new drivers. maybe I misunderstood what he meant but when I wrote that down I thought of the possibility that old drivers that weren't deleted could be the culprit, especially when going from ati to nvidea or vica versa without getting rid of drivers.

I'
    m sorry if I said something that was stupid.. :x

Cow_160483 likes this.
  7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

99% likely to be a PSU problem specially if Dell is involved.

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

No you didn't. DriverCleaner is a great tool and im surprised to see such a long standing member blatantly bad mouth it on our forums - most people who have problems with it are actually using an old version (pro is illegally hosted and we have asked it to be taken down on various sites) or aren't using it correctly. I have no record of Dyre purchasing our DOTNET version which is made for Vista). I find CCleaner actually quite overrated myself unless you want to quickly purge a lot of temporary files etc.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
    Neshi likes this.
  9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

personal oppinion, i find most cleaners tend to be either a savoir or a royal screwup depending on the circumstance. One time they'll work great, the next time the machine won't even make it to windows.

10. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

what's your evidence to back that up?

11. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

The one time I used the free version under XP and had to do a Windows Repair installation.

I stand by the statement I made earlier that it's unnecessary. I'm not about to get into a debate over this. So, the administrators can stop PM'ing me about it.

12. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Since when did you become God of the forum Dyre? We will continue to PM you when you are spreading falsehoods on this site. Right now I feel your attitude is appalling and if you continue on this egomaniacal path you will be removed from this site entirely. Whether this is to do with you being removed from our review staff I have no idea, but let me make it clear, I will NOT tolerate a petty personal vendetta. You used a four year old program once and you feel in a position to verify or deny currently overhauled code quality based on this?

You basically said to Stuart in PM that Drivercleaner was rubbish and that ATI had "concerns". This is WRONG and I have had long conversations with Steve Morris in ATI about this since receiving your PM and it transpires that you and a few other people were actually complaining about Drivercleaner Pro - an application which was created on 4 year old code, ditched years ago (before vista) and has since been replaced by a newer application with entirely new code from the ground up. We sell 1,600 copies of Drivercleaner NET a month and run into very few issues (perhaps one in 4000).

I strongly suggest you butt out of this thread, and if I see you posting anymore nonsense regarding our work and spreading incorrect information you will be removed, without a PM.

To the thread starter apologies for the distractions in here, I hope you resolve your problems.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  13. Knight_Breed

Knight_Breed New Member

OK maybe I missed something here but Henry I don't think you specified what NV card you are running that is important. And welcome to DH ;)

Secondly as Henry has not replied back and obviously new to public forums could a friendly Staff member please remove his frikin email from the first post :cool:

On the other stuff I don't seem to remember the author of this thread mentioning anything regarding a Drivercleaner from any forum. So Dyre your an awesome person but Zardon is right you are out of line here like you were on NGO a while ago. Chill !!

Back on topic Henry please feedback on your card ...

14. trapezoid

trapezoid New Member

Yes please give some feedback on your card...

15. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

I love Driver Cleaner .NET I purchased it back in March of 07.
    It's better than any other utility out there and it's only $10. I tend to formate and test things often and this utility is definitely the best on the WWW.

It's one of the most handy utilities I use and anyone who messes with drivers often should get this. I also like the driver version checker it has. Very useful to say the least.

Sorry for the off topic reply but I had to voice my opinion here after reading this thread.

"Stoermguardian I hope you get your problem resolved soon buddy."

16. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Yeah its not often ill pop into a thread to defend something but after reading this thread I need to give my 2 cents.

Drivercleaner Pro is a program people should not be using anymore - ive seen so many threads on DH with people still using it on vista when it was never meant for it in the first place!. Drivercleaner NET is awesome and has actually saved a few of my installs so for people to make an arrogant assumption that its rubbish because they used PRO a few years ago ONCE is ridiculous.

Thank goodness the guy isn't reviewing here anymore if thats how he judges a program. Can't begin to imagine his hardware testing procedures!

@ Thread starter - it sounds like a PSU problem to me, had the exact same issue last year.

17. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Given that the thread starter has replaced the card 3 times sort of rules out the card itself as the problem. At the moment my first impression is either motherboard driver or another device driver is causing an issue (usually sound or network card), or power supply.

One thing you should do is turn off the auto restart that happens when it BSODs. To do this go into Control Panel | System | Advanced, and under "Startup and Recovery" hit the "Settings" button. Inside there under "System Failure" uncheck "Automatically Restart". The next time is BSODs the blue screen will stay there.

The reason you need this? The BSOD shows other information that can help determine what the problem is, and it does this via hex codes (you are most likely gettings 0x000000EA). Next time it BSODs be sure to post that information back here.

Also, as other have mentioned, we do need a system spec list.

18. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Bit of a random one here but worth a try. I seem to remember getting that NV4 loop error a lot after a bios flash, it seems that after flashing the bios had reset my RAM settings to default which left my RAM running undervolted. Have a look in the bios and make sure all your timings and voltages are correct.

I've also came across the dreaded bluescreen Nv loop error when overclocking my RAM. Not sure what the link is between the two but maybe some brighter technerd than me could shed some light.