Ford GT Updated

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rasta Monsta, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Raptor

Raptor New Member

WOW! Looks like the $70,000 Corvette Z06 is a real bargain compared to the other cars in your comparision. :w00t:

2. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

Betcha the Lotus Exige would be right in the thick of those numbers. . .

rasta

3. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

nope, i have the ad for the kit in my the DuPont Registry magazine on the back of my toilet

Update - looked it up.

Done by the Genaddi Design Group, and the upgrade starts at $38,000 and quickly goes up if you go carbon fiber, rims, tires, adjustable shocks, etc

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  4. Wells

Wells DH addict

We do need a car forum O_O. i know a guy Friend of a friend kinda deal, owns a gt. it's not "all that" just one hell of an attention whore if you ask me. any porsche vette viper HELL anything you dump that kinda money in will chew it up and spit it out. but it is def a neat car to get up and close with, he wouldn't let me drive it though

5. mike2h

mike2h New Member

pj, you are not fooling anybody, we all know what kind of magazines you have on the back of your toilet:eek: :D

6. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I was comparing it to the cheapest 911.... :)

The vette is a normal sports car which isn't much good... The GT is a SUPERCAR... Not some cheap plastic sports car :p

7. mike2h

mike2h New Member

the vette isnt much good? some cheap plastic car? need to do some research there.;)

8. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I have trust me... It's just performance the stock one is absolute crap with LEAF springs!!! I mean, horrible ride, average acceleration and boring styling.

Next please.

9. davidnsibs

davidnsibs 9500pro Forever

Come to Europe and cars like the vette and dodge viper are ridiculed because of their poor handling/cornering ability and inferior levels of interior finish by the media. I obviously wouldn't know first hand as I wouldn't be anywhere near being able to afford those cars, but the GT was pretty favourably thought of over here in comparison

10. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

Actually, i have a duPont Registry, a Herrington & Co. catalogue, and i leave the newspaper there as well.

The playboy collection [not mine, mind you] lives in the drawer by the TV with the remote controls, channel guide, and sharpies [used for when someone falls asleep with their shoes still on]

11. mike2h

mike2h New Member

sharpies? TMI there bud;)

12. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

I hate to sound repetitive, but. . .

Le Mans.
    Victory.

13. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I have to repeat... BIG DIFFERNECE in between a RACING car and a PRODUCTION car...

:lol:

And aston should have won! :( They ran outta fuel... How crappy :(

14. mike2h

mike2h New Member

but they didnt so it is irrelevant. but you are right about the difference.
    not sure were you get your info from, in both reviews i have read there was no mention of a horrible ride, just the opposite. & as far as your ridiculous acceleration comment it outperforms the 12 cylinder aston martin in 0-60 time. that is saying a lot.
    as far as the styling goes that is purely subjective & the reason there are so many body styles(besides perf). though i dont see the 'boring' part. i can understand not liking it but i dont think that boring can be applied to it on any level. jmo;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Okay here mate, just watch this... It says everything I said and more. Images speak better than words apparently.

Corvette Review

16. mike2h

mike2h New Member

what is your point? i said bang for the $$. if you want to add another, what was he said, 20,000 pounds, then you get all the rest. but that car can basically perform as well or better than the porsche 911 - for considerably cheaper.

17. Sandok

Sandok New Member

In your last post I didn't see the bang for buck... Sry. In that sense your completely right and I have nothing to say but you must admit, even they said the ride is horrible and the tech is too damn old. Sure you want performance, go for it but hell, that's not what I want from a sports car... To each his own.

Anyways, an americain will love his car industry to death and same with the brits. I'm the only person on this forum who can ACTUALLY judge a car since I'm swiss and we have no car industry at the moment (thus neutral)

:lol: :rofl:

PS: Tis a joke if ever any of you take it seriously...

18. davidnsibs

davidnsibs 9500pro Forever

aston is owned by ford, as is jaguar, as is rolls-royce. us brits dont have much in the way of a car industry either (except small companies who make cars in very small niche markets like track day cars). anyway, the corvette may be able to match 0-60 the 911, but i know which car id want to be in when it came to a corner

19. Sandok

Sandok New Member

and also in luxury... The 911 interior is just so much better (and I know this by experience ;) )

And yes, many of the major car companies have been rebought and all but the essence is usually still true. Lambo is still very italian and aston is still very british. Who cares who owns em?

20. mike2h

mike2h New Member

of course that review is his opinion & there are other reviewers who would disagree. i also think him expecting the same workmanship as a car that costs about 40% more is a little overboard. fyi, both my vehicles are toyotas so i do not gungho us car industry.
    though your generalisation is valid:)
    you also might want to rethink your "Sure you want performance, go for it but hell, that's not what I want from a sports car" statement.