Forget every thing - ALL NEW COOLING!!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by me972, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Darkoz

Darkoz BANNED

Just picked up the new ATI Silencer 4 (x800 cards).
    I haven't installed it yet but it looks to be a better design than the previous models.
    The base is copper and the heatsink covers the memory chips and has a plate which covers the memory chips on the back of the card.
    The base of the copper heatsink also has a square patch that protrudes out slightly, this is the area that sits on top of the cards core, ensuring that it makes complete contact with the core (the previous model had a flat base and some people found that the shim surrounding their card's core left a minute gap between the base of the heatsink and the core)

Will check temperatures when it's installed.

2. me972

me972 Active Member

dont forget to record the temps with stock cooler and then check the scores with your new cooler.
    I would like to see how good it is comapared to the stock also.

3. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

I read somewhere that these coolers are going to be used by other companies who make ATI cards to put on the extreme versions of there cards, but with a modified version of the cooler pictured there

4. f0rbez

f0rbez New Member

Wouldn't suprise me. I've heard nothing but good things about the vga silencer. Most of them probably feel its easier to just purchase silencers instead of trying to design and manufacture their own. If anyone sees these new ati silencers available in the us, drop the url here plz.

5. me972

me972 Active Member

why don't you all start sending E-mail's to Artic Cooling and make them ship it to the US.
    I guess you can even ask DH admin team to help you. there request should carry alot more weight.

6. Darkoz

Darkoz BANNED

Yep, HIS make the x800Pro/XT "ICE Q 11" cards fitted with the VGA Silencer.
    And Saphire make the "Toxic " x800 range also fitted with the VGA Silencer.
    The cooler isn't modified at all, it's exactly the same as the one you can buy yourself, they just simply slap their own logo on them.

7. ledzep

ledzep New Member

hi all
    yes very wierd that we have it in israel before the rest of the world, someone should be fired for this down in arctic cooling :evil:

anyway i thimk i was the first guy to get it , lol i happened to go into this zigzag store (they have a store as well) 2 hures after they got the ATI silencers shipment.
    anyway i got it install with some seperate ramsinks on my 9800pro , here are some pics i took to get you exited, btw i can now clock my mideocre clocker card to 439/369 with no real prob and got an aquamrk03 score of 41,630. before on stock cooling i got around 36-37K so yes it kicks ass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lz.

8. Ev!L-aLphA

Ev!L-aLphA | n f e c t e D

thast about 20$ dollars in the israely shop :) i may get get friend to buy one and send it to me :p

9. talos_2002

talos_2002 New Member

Could you ledzep tell us if it is more silent than version 3?

10. me972

me972 Active Member

Hi fellow countryman. îä ðùîò âáø äëì èåá???

well it seems that he got the lowest range cooler of them all seeing as he was the first one in israel to buy this,
    the version 4 comes with 2 plates designed to cool down the memory chips as well...

as for the Noise question I think Its about the same level since the fan is the same size and the same design.

I know from my verion 3 that its hardly noticble...a hell of a lot quieter then the stock cooler.

11. ledzep

ledzep New Member

i never had rev.3 so i wouldn't know if its louder , regarding the ver 4. with the plates to cool the meme, i was looking at it but they specificly said that its for the xt or 256mb 9800pros only so i didnt whant to take the chance of it not fitting (they said in the store that they won't replace it after i opened it) so took the rev 1. that is made for the 9800pro 128mb and added some ramsinks. so far its excellent and 100% silent.

12. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I'm not big on cards that take up more than just one slot in your system. Hell, i don't care if it works way better than stock, i just don't wanna get something bulky. It'd be nice if there were something that would cool just as good as a VGA siclencer or this new thing and still take up only one slot.

13. ledzep

ledzep New Member

i guess that for 90% of gamers giving up a pci slot is nothing compared to the gain you get in game by overclocking with the vga silencer.

14. me972

me972 Active Member

Thats what bugs about the stuff not being on Artic Cooling's web site...why are they not showing it and giving out the information as to which cards exactly does each version fit.

as for ZigZag...they can't do any thing about that.. as soon as you open it they can't repackage it and no one will buy
    a "used" cooler.. I just think they should learn more about it and be able to give the answers. they can get the answers from the dealer they buy from....

In any case I think I want to move onto Watter cooling... the sound of the fans is driving me crazy...
    but a Watter system for VGA/CPU/NorthBridge/South. cost over 2000 NIS here which is more then 400$
    thats a hell of a lot of monie for some quiet...I'll have to think very hard about it.!!

does any one know if there is a cooling system for less then 200$ ???