Formula 1 season 2007

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RoyBatty, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Well Ferrari did get rid of that f**** B***** spy ... so no wonder ;)

2. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

So there won't be any USA GP next year. It's a pity, I think it Indianapolis was one of the interesting circuits.

3. RoyBatty

Well this was maybe the most thrilling GP so far :)
    It looked it was going to be Ferrari double - Kimi was getting near FA and the overtaking was just a matter of time. But then nearly everything f*** up. At the first moment I thought that Kimi ran out of fuel, that would be a shame since he was going for at least 8 points.

But there is one thing I liked on this GP - LH did not take any points, I hope this was not the last time :)

4. RoyBatty

I wonder how will McLaren explain what Alonso did. I don't think Hamilton not getting into the timed lap in time was their intention...

Edit: So it was a coordination mistake. What else could it be? :bleh:

Anyway this qualifying result is not good for Ferrari :(

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  5. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

Well, it sure looks like Alonso was not prepared to make it an honest, fair fight for pole. If he needed to drop a few extra seconds for track position, he could have done it with a slower run up the pit lane and exit.

---

Alonso isn't happy, but I sure hope the British team know which side their bread is buttered with the fans, and back their British driver even if 2x world champ threatens to throw his toys out of the pram.

Can't really compare Hamilton to any of the other Brits, as they don't have cars to show it with, but is says a lot for the team and car that the rookie can mix it with the best.

I just can't warm to Alonso, sure, he's a 2x world champ, but that was only when Renault came good and Ferrari had a nightmare - unlike some of the greats like Schumacher, Senna and others, I don't recall him getting anything extra out of car, tyres or setup.

Of course, Hamilton upsets his plans, as if the rookie had been "going along for the ride", then Alonso would again have been the man in the right team at the right time.

If McLaren had known how good Hamilton was going to be, they could have saved themselves heaps of dosh, as Alonso is clearly a waste of money.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  6. RoyBatty

McLaren have been excluded from the 2007 constructors’ championship and fined US $100 million: The Official Formula 1 Website
    Hamilton and Alonso are allowed to continue the fight for the championship because they provided evidence. So if any of them wins it will be cheated victory because McLaren was found guilty (?).

7. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Whats more shocking is how TV rights and things are divided for next season. It's worked out on a constructors finishing position. Because McLaren have lost their points they go bottom and will lose out on another estimated 50-60million.
    I've loved Formula one for most of my life but have always despised Ferrari, they are the dirtiest bunch of cheating bastards on the track yet are always the first to line up outside the stewards office when they lose a race. I'm not even all that fussed on the road cars though I wouldn't say no if offered one free heh, but still give me a Lamborghini any day.
    Can you believe one of the reasons this all came to light is because Ferrari tried to get away with an illegal flexible floorpan before the season even started. One of the reasons McLaren was caught is because they reported it to the FIA.
    As for advantages, McLaren's car design was finalised months before the documents came into their possession so anything that was used from Ferrari's plans probably wouldn't have came into effect until next season.

This whole fiasco drives me as a life-long F1 fan to despair.......

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I was sorry to hear that Alonso wasn't going to be punished. I don't like that snotty little shit.

As for MCL, they got caught and pay for it. Good for FIA that wasn't afraid to do something about it.

No, I am not a fan of Ferrari (Williams for me), but MCL did steal from them, so, there!

9. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Im not a McLaren fan, I follow honda (stop sniggering already LMAO) however I hate the hold that ferrari have on the sport. Did you know they have a majority representation on the FIA board.
    If McLaren is so guilty why did they fire the guy as soon as they found out? Surely they'd not have risked him running to the FIA and confessing all.
    Why did the guy who had the plans leave ferrari with a secret document then take it to a public printing firm conveniently on the day his wife was showing people around.
    The list of weird coincedences is far to big to raise here but the whole thing has done nothing but damage the reputation of F1.
    Why where the drivers not banned? Because there is no evidence to ban them but more importantly they bring a huge amount of money into the sport which will now be shared by Ferrari and the FIA next season.
    Why is it that Renault who admitted driving this season with McLarens intellectual property not being treat the same way?

The whole thing Stinks.

Let me repeat, im a honda fan and always will be and this whole sorry affair has tainted my sport.

10. Trusteft

Eh, what would YOU do? You send someone to steal something. They find out about the thief and that he works for you. If you keep him it looks bad. You fire him as soon as possible to make it like you had no previous knowledge of it. Classic response by the book tbh.

11. Yousaif

Yousaif Allergic to WiFi

In F1, there is no such thing as a finalised design. There are always going to tweaks here and there to any design. Nothing would have stopped MCL from utilising the data they got from Ferrari's tech books as the season went forward.

Could be something small, like a small change to a wing here, ar changing the shape of a fin there, but changes do get made. As F1 is a sport of hundredths of a second in a lot of situations, they can add up to big results when many changes are applied.

Those tech books represented a huged investment by Ferrari for who knows how many years. Now they are left with nothing to show for it. MCL has their data, and they do not have MCL's data (that we know of :p)

The drivers weren't banned or penalized because they turned over the evidence they had in exchange for immunity. Personally I felt that the MCL drivers should have been penalized anough points so Hamilton was tied with Kimi and Alonso was tied with Massa, then let them shoot it out the last 4 races.

From what I understand, this is going to be addressed at a later time. Until I have better information I don't want to address it.

I can't help that I am a Ferrari guy. If Porsche had an F1 team they would be my guys.

12. Trusteft

It would be great for them to have a F1 team. I wonder why they don't.

13. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

They don't have the money to do it.

14. RoyBatty

Well, I just read the full WMSC judgement and McLaren can be happy they got only DQ from the Constructors championship and 100M fine. I would DQ their drivers too.

15. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Nice race from Kovalainen in rainy Fuji circuit. :)

16. RoyBatty

Yes nice race, except because of the water everywhere it was difficult to see anything :)

Too bad that Ferrari was expecting partially dry race (quite a mistake from the weather forecasters), and FIA telling them to use the extreme wet tires after the race started. For the last 20 or so laps I was hoping that Hamilton will make one more pitstop... :(

17. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Yeah Kimi said in Finnish in the press conference that they weren't told to use the heavy rain tires so they started with intermediate tires and after few laps they were told to change to heavy. :mad:

18. Trusteft

Another great race for Williams... pfff

At least the little brat lost and didn't even finish.

Perhaps next race we will know the new champion.

19. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

I can remember when F1 didn't have safety cars... If it was too bad to be covered under double waved yellows then it was a red, race stopped.

The safety car should never have been introduced into F1, and should certainly not be used as much as it is. No point having monsoon tyres as the safety car is out, and if the track was raceable at all with the extreme wets (as opposed to trying to circulate behind the safety car on inters, even when it had been prohibited), then the safety car should not have been out.

20. Trusteft

The safety car is not for bad weather. It is for accidents till any wreckage is removed.