Forza Horizon 5 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Sooooo, who is looking forward to this? I've already got it preordered and preloaded, can't wait. I have Game Pass Ultimate so I basically just bought the add ons bundle for 50 bucks. Great deal, getting 150 bucks worth of value for 50, nice nice. Plus early access, I have 588 hours in Forza Horizon 4 and I've driven for 201 hours out of those hours in the game, can't wait for Forza Horizon 5 and I think I'm going to log even more hours as I didn't really like the Lego Expansion even though I got it and sort of finished half of it, otherwise the rest including the other expansion, Fortune Island, I did to nearly 100% completion.

I wonder what car I'll buy first, also they give you a free voucher with the VIP membership (included in the add ons bundle) but that voucher I'll be hanging on to until we know which car is hard to get from the auto show or gives you another car in it's perk skill tree.

I want to finish every single Festival Playlist, they say that the AI is broken with the preview edition that influencers are playing right now, so I hope they correct that before launch. There are some cool looking cars that will be available at launch. One car I am curious about is the Aston Martin Valhalla. The Aston Martin Vulcan Forza Edition was my fave car in Forza Horizon 4 so I'm wondering if the Valhalla can take that place. Aston Martin's just handle so well, but so do Porsches, although with Porsche the engine is in the back and you can feel that fact when you're racing them even though they've got all this tech now that converted them from the death traps they were in the 70s and 80s.

I thought they were giving us the games halo car, the AMG One for free, but it looks like you will have to jump through some hoops in order to get it. Oh well, it is cool that they've also added race mode to cars, that sort of allow them to go faster in a straight line, or raise their spoiler and in the case of the AMG One, the fins on the hood, but I wonder how this race mode will be affected by mods,... I am one of the people that find mods done by other people anyway, and I'm confident there will be tons of those, I really hate mods that put a spoiler on a spoiler that is retractable on a car, and deactivating the cars original spoiler, even though that actually makes the car handle better, and, drive faster, or either of the two. We'll see.

One other thing, they've made it so cars can be convertible in the game, you can park your car now and drop the top or raise it. Makes sense since there was no way to do that in game in Forza Horizon 4, except by going back to the garage. Especially since there are sand storms in Mexico this time around, I think that really forced their hand lol. In Forza Horizon 4 it would rain from time to time, and you would be driving a convertible car with the top down, didn't really make sense you couldn't put the top up - even though yes I know, it is just a game and you won't really get wet if your avie gets wet :p.

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Loved Horizon 2 back in its day, so i bought Horizen 3 when that were released expecting it to be better than 2... Big Mistake...

3 were simply Too Repetitive that i gave up on the series altogether ;)

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

One other thing I'm interested to see is how the ability to give away cars to other people will affect the game (without selecting who gets the car, just at random) although it stands to reason that basically people may abuse this (modders and hackers and such).

Edit: My personal guess? You will love Forza Horizon 5.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

So far, the only driving games that have caught my fancy are:

FlatOut series

and

Paradise City

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

If you got Game Pass, wouldn't hurt to try FH 5.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

I did try it. ;)

7. Calliers

Forza Horizon 5 isn't out yet, it's out on the 9th of November (the 4th if you get early access), you lie. :p

8. Dyre Straits

Yeah, it was H4 I tried. Not for very long, though. ;)

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

May I ask what it was that you liked/didn't like about it? I find it blends realism and arcade very well, was it the narrow roads? I know that would be a turn off for some but you have to remember that Forza Horizon stays somewhat true to its location that it's set in. Case in point how the side of the road the traffic drives on is different, as FH4 is set in Britain.

Edit: One other thing, you should try it on PC, as on PC I find at least, it is much easier to control the cars than with a controller, (a keyboard>controller is what I mean) although, this may be downo to experience (I have 10 times more experience with keyboard/mouse than I do with a controller).

Edit 2: Plus, how can you not like this:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  10. Dyre Straits

Where's the STORY??? :D :)

Calliers likes this.
  11. Calliers

There are various things you can do, Business missions, Skill, Drift, etc. missions as well as a Top Gear story.

But I get ya, you like a nice meaty story lol. :p

12. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

FlatOut was great ..drive real fast then hit the breaks and launch your driver through the windshiekd and attempt to land him in the basketball hoop .....soooo much fun.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  13. Dyre Straits

The High Jump, Long Jump, Bowling... It was a total BLAST!

Mr Cairo likes this.
  14. Calliers

There are playground games in Forza Horizon 4, like zombies (where infected tag survivors then it switches), team king (where 4 crowns are split evenly between two teams and teams battle for crowns that make your car slow down after about 1 min of wearing the crown - "heavy is the head that wears the crown" and the first team to 10 mins wins - the crowns speed up your teams clock), flag rush (where you get flags and take them to the other zone to score, and if someone from the opposing team tags you your flag is lost then teams switch) and there is a really fun battle royale mode called The Eliminator.

It has not been revealed all the games that will be in Forza Horizon 5, but we know all the games from 4 will be making a return in addition to a bunch of newer games which are going to be added, one of which is bowling with massive pins. Also, Forza Horizon 4 has Horizon Super 7 in which you do challenges set by another player like reach a maximum speed past a speed camera, or speed zone reaching a certain target average speed there, or jumping a certain distance in your car off of a ramp within a certain time, or reaching a destination in a certain amount of time, or even getting a certain skills score before a time limit. Fun for the whole family. See. :p

Edit: This is a rather pretty girl, if you see her IRL, you wouldn't even believe that it was her drifting here>

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  15. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

LoL does not compare to this amount of fun :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  16. Dyre Straits

I still have some videos of my own races in FlatOut! That game was exhilarating! The AI was done quite well, too!

Mr Cairo likes this.
  17. Calliers

Forza Horizon 5 pre-loads are live, but you may need to make some room

You’ve got the green light to start pre-loading Forza Horizon 5, Playground Games’ open-world game set in the jungles, deserts, and beaches of Mexico. You may want to double check to make sure you’ve got the space for it, though – the developers have updated the system requirements, and while the required hard drive space has gone down a bit, you’ll still need more than 100GB of storage space to hold Forza Horizon 5.

In terms of other hardware, Forza Horizon 5 is pretty gentle – the recommended GPU is an Nvidia GTX 1070 or an AMD RX 590, neither of which are cutting-edge cards these days. But for both the Microsoft Store and Steam versions of Forza Horizon 5, you’ll need a 103GB of free hard drive space, ideally on an SSD if possible.

Starting today, October 21, you can pre-load Forza Horizon 5 in its entirety via either Steam, the Microsoft Store, or the Xbox app for PC if you’ll be playing it on Game Pass for PC. That way, you’ll be ready to hit the tarmac (and every other conceivable surface material) hard when the Forza Horizon 5 release date arrives November 5.

18. Calliers

19. Calliers

20. Calliers

A swan song to FH4: